ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

Silver 172 Mk2
So what do you guys think are the best tyres?

Im gonna need some new ones soon!

Also, anyone know how much a set of trophy wheels are?

Mich Pilot Sports, if you have a little more to spend then look for a set of the Mich Pilot Sport Cup tyres, they come in either a 81W or 84W. If you get the right set-up with pressures then you can get 15000 out of a set. FYI I personally put 25 PSI in the summer then go to 31 PSI in the winter.

Yoki's are great, but only use them on the track. Goodyears are a little over priced at the mo - dunno why.

Mégane RS
Yeah i got a set of Michelin Pilot Sports, really good much better than the PE2's i had before, conti's are ok, only tried the conti sports, also had toyo's but are not as good as the michelin's or contis.

Go for Michelin Pilot Sports, they are a little bit more but well worth it as they perform superbly, tyres are the most important part of your vehicle so dont cut down in that department

personally never had any issues with GSD2's
worst tyre ever used was Toyo Proxes T1-S, complete widow makers

350Z Roadster+Oil Burner
I've just renewed my fronts, and decided to stick with the Conti's it came with. There's loads of options, and it's all down to personal opinions. I felt that the Conti's never let me down.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
I and lots of other will disagree and say PE2's are crapper than crap

Talking poop A539s better than PE2s, dont tink so......LOL

PE2s Best all round, all wether road tyre. Although F1 GSD3 are very good for the winter months unlike A539 (widow makers).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Day said:
Old fart mode on:

If you drive to the conditions than A539's are fine!

Indeed; they're fine enough for davyboy to hold the current unofficial Cliosport ring record while running on a set. Surely that wouldn't be possible if they're a s***e as some make out? ;)

Silver 172 Mk2
Cheers guys, think it will be Michelin pilot sports.

Its strange cause i never ever ever skimp on tyres for the bike but dont think so hard about it when i get them for the car. Although i do have 140 bhp going through one wheel!!!

Does anyone know how much a set of the trophy wheels are? quite fancy a set on the 172