ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uch ecu key fob kit

clio
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate some help.
My son bought 1.2 16v 03 plate clio and soon after had the common uch problems with clicking etc.
After reading lots of posts on this very knowledgeable site I decided to buy a used uch, ech key, fob set.
I have fitted everything,the uch faults have stopped the new key fob with original blade opens doors but car won't start.
Immobiliser flashes when locked, solid light on when key turns on, then goes off but just hear click on uch but no start.
I have been working on it all day at my wits end now so any experts out there willing to help please please please

clio 1.9D 1999
Its a little bit 'ghetto' but i had similar immobiliser issues last year, I ended up just buying an immobiliser bypass that goes into the diagnostics port under the ashtray. You open up your original key fob (as long as you still have the same engine/ecu as original) and there is a little code inside the plastic (its easier to read with a UV light) you tell them the code and they send you a programmed box and that blanks the immobiliser so when the red light goes solid you shouldn't have a problem starting. (I'm assuming thats the issue your having) if so let me know and I can dig up the website, it might be a slightly different box to mine as mines older (T reg) but it might give you a solution if you can't find another way around it.

clio
Thanks for the reply
My red light is solid when I switch on and everything primes, then it goes out but won't start.
I have put back originals uch,ech & fob and car starts but not with new kit

The immobilisers bypass only works on the PH1s

Is the battery fully charged? get some jump leads, booster pack or battery charger on it regardless as this sometimes happens if there is a issue with the battery, one other that worked for me was turning the key backwards and forwards between the ignition and off leaving the ignition on for a few seconds every time you do it

clio
Thanks for the reply Scott
Car has been stood for about a week I have read about maybe battery flat could cause fault but when I put originals back on it starts.
HELP

Thanks for the reply Scott
Car has been stood for about a week I have read about maybe battery flat could cause fault but when I put originals back on it starts.
HELP

Definitely put the kit that you've bought back on and try a booster pack, jump leads etc on it.

Where about's are you located? If your nearby i can pop along and have a look at it for you.

Basically a solid red light means that the key has been accepted and the immobilizer can be disarmed but the ecu is allowing it, the main reason ive seen this happen is that the battery is low on charge.

clio
Thanks for your help Scott
I will try the battery check
I am in the Midlands so a bit of a trek for you but thanks again

Could try re-synching the key with the ECU as well if charging the battery doesn't work. It's free/doesn't cost a penny so worth a go:
Some random website from Google said:
Renault Clio II Key Remote Control Programming
CLIO II
INFRA RED RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn the Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors should lock and unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.
5. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

CLIO II RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.