ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH Fault? windows

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a strange problem with a clio cup i have just picked up. The drivers side window work but in reverse. Pressing down drives it up and up makes it go down.... the pas window does nothing. The passenger door switch also does nothing. No clicking or firing of relays to be heard. I have plugged clip in to try and drive the pass window to the fully up position as it is slightly open and lets a tiny bit of water in only to find its not an option to control using clip? now the even stranger thing... even when using clip to drive the drivers side window it is also in reverse. Actuating it down drives it up and up drives it down. Any ideas?

Renault Clio 2003
Would be unlikely that both the window motors have a problem. So a common nominator could be the UCH. Sounds like someone has messed with the UCH wiring or then someone has done a home refurb on the UCH relays. Probably did not go as planned...

Take out the UCH, pry the casing carefully open and post a picture of the printed circuit board. Should be pretty obvious if there is a relay missing and another one is not of the original type. But if the UCH is in perfect condition, ??? Someone has re-done the UCH connectors and failed miserably? Maybe we have to proceed one step at a time.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I will remove it and take a look. Odd fault though I've seen similar one central but it was never sorted. Have got another Uchida ecu and key on the way to help diagnose with.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Sounds like the wiring plug on drivers side motor is on the wrong way round, the passenger side is wired through the drivers side switches. It's more than likely the switch pack playing up on drivers side, I'd start off by checking the switches before changing the uch/ecu etc etc

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
is it easy to get the wrong way round, like accidentally? ill see if i can find another switch pack but then that doesnt explain where the options for the pas window have gone when using CLIP?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They're only meant to go on one way but it's a round plugs it's possible. I'd honestly start with the switches as they're very common to play up, if you're handy with a multimeter then you'll soon see where the problem lies

If you're anywhere near Gloucester I'd be more than happy to take a look for you, done quite a few over the last couple of years

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If you've got any spare wire lying around you can bridge the passenger switch contacts on the drivers side to supply power to the passenger side switch. Of the swith then works you know where some of the problems are

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There'll be 6 wires, 4 should be thicker than the other 2 and should be in pairs colour wise (I hope) bridge them so the colours match. According to my wiring diagram it's pins 2+3 for one wire and 5+6 the other. I think one should be white and the other grey, may well have an orange stripe too

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I have. Bridging the big greys and big yellows does nothing

Attachments

• 20161002_130839.jpg
    20161002_130839.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 237
  Clio 172 Merc ML55
The yellow wires are power, so yellow and grey together and the yelow and white, have you checked to make sure there is power getting to the switch?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
No problems, change the switch and I'm 99.9% certain it'll sort the drivers window too :smile:

R5 GTT
Adey, it's the driver side switch unit that needs to be replaced on that car I tried my 182 one in it and the passenger window worked fine, ref the wrong direction I did think that was off but overlooked it.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, new switch in, pass window is now working fine but drivers is still backwards. Add that with some funny wiper action ive had recently im leaning towards another fault. I will pull the door card off and take a look but i also have another uch to try.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Door card off. Spot the obvious fault. Wrong fitting on the window reg or just wrong reg? Wires swapped and working fine now. Cheers for all the help people
20161010_131728.jpg