ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UDM or porter cable 7424

corsa c exclusiv
Hi guys, im looking into treating myself with a new toy, car is getting resprayed this next week and want to keep it looking its best, just wondering what machine is best to get?

any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks, Andrew.

RB 182
The PC is a tried and tested product compared to the UDM so I might be incline to get the PC, though Megs are bringing out a new one as well.

If your car is getting resprayed be careful as you shouldn't be machine polishing it straight away, think it's a few months you should leave it if I remember right.

corsa c exclusiv
cheers for that, is there much difference in price? i was looking into getting a pc just because its well known, not really heard about the udm

RB 182
Autopia is the best place to get it, Autopia are fine for postage (trust me ;))

You will also want the discount codes for Autopia as well which you can get from 182_blue if you PM him.

Mito Sportiva 135
Should be fine to polish as soon as it comes out the bodyshop really, no advantages leaving it afterwards. In fact, most bodyshops polish surfaces up once they come out an oven...

Think both are pretty much of a muchness, otherwise wait a bit or the new Meguiars one maybe, although its not been tested yet, I can't imagine it will be bad. If we can send men to the moon in 1969, use satellites to track a persons movement to within inches, I am fairly confident someone can make a decent spec polisher, which is in essence just a modified sander/grinder...although I could be proven wrong!