ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UK Plug redesigned (Concept)

Polo + Micra
i think it's a good design

but think it does look a little flimsy but the multi plug looked ok

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Have you ever seen behind most AV racks, Tv's, Hifi systems etc etc? of course its needed! not to mention a whole lot safer in terms of connections, how many 3 way adaptors do you see falling out of walls due to the weight?

And its a no brainer to me as far as kids are concerned, I'd rather them stand on one of those that a normal plug.

It doesn't say if they'd tested to see how it performs if the casing is cracked... wouldn't be much fun treading on a live one tbf :p

Rav4
I think it's an excellent idea.

Don't see how it's that "flimsy", with having a locking mechanism it should be more than fine. The space saving is excellent and it's a truly innovative product.

Well done to the individual.

Oil Burner
Its going for a different market to normal plugs, its trying to cater to people on the go, people who dont just plug it in once and leave it.

Looks to me like a major project from a product design student. But its defiantly down apples street. I hope my major project is this good.

M2 Competition
Easy? Plugs don't always get plugged into wall sockets, I have 8 of them plugged into an 8way extension block under my desk :p

But then you'd only stand on the smooth outside, not the sharp prongs.

I think thats the bit that hurts on a conventional plug ;)

182 ff
Bulls**t! That solves a lot of space and wiring problems!

dont talk bullshit if u have 8 way plugs behind ur telly simply put new sockets into the wall its not a hard task !behind my tell ive got 2x 3 tripple sockets and i think it looks the nuts took all off half a morning to do

so why waste stupid time developing something thats not needed to be honest !

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
oh come on, its a brilliant idea, so much more convenient for traveling with (laptops etc).

2014 Focus Titanium
mark_182_54 said:
Bulls**t! That solves a lot of space and wiring problems!

dont talk bullshit if u have 8 way plugs behind ur telly simply put new sockets into the wall its not a hard task !behind my tell ive got 2x 3 tripple sockets and i think it looks the nuts took all off half a morning to do

so why waste stupid time developing something thats not needed to be honest !

It's called CONVENIENCE, which is precisely what the whole world of technology is based around. Lol @ putting extra sockets in. Why the hell would I spend the morning putting new sockets in if there is a neat little option of putting multiple plugs into one with ease?

I suppose you think power steering is a good idea right? Because you COULD steer your car in the first place, so that was a waste of time and money to develop. Or do you think wireless networking is pointless because you COULD just reword your house with network points everywhere...

Lord 63 of 500 said:
Er what space and wiring problems would those be? if anyone has a space issue caused by plugs then its time to get a bigger cardboard box.

Behind my tv I have 2 gangs of 4 plugs, and they are a pain in the arse. Mainly because I like to have all my cables tied and kept today so it's easier to remove and add to them, and with all the different types of plugs it gets annoying. Some plugs have wires out the top, some the bottom, some big some small. If they were all like this it would be much easier to keep tidy.

A red missile
It's called CONVENIENCE, which is precisely what the whole world of technology is based around. Lol @ putting extra sockets in. Why the hell would I spend the morning putting new sockets in if there is a neat little option of putting multiple plugs into one with ease?

I suppose you think power steering is a good idea right? Because you COULD steer your car in the first place, so that was a waste of time and money to develop. Or do you think wireless networking is pointless because you COULD just reword your house with network points everywhere...

hmm, not trying to piss on your chips mate but thats exactly what I did - even got one in the bog.

2014 Focus Titanium
Lord 63 of 500 said:
It's called CONVENIENCE, which is precisely what the whole world of technology is based around. Lol @ putting extra sockets in....

hmm, not trying to piss on your chips mate but thats exactly what I did - even got one in the bog.

You mean about the network plugs yes? I agree in an ideal world I would have network points all over the house, but that's my point - it's more convenient just to have wireless. (albeit in the case of wireless it's not as good)

2014 Focus Titanium
errrr why the hell would u spend time putting in more sockets got your a tw*t

I have no idea what this means.

and how the hell can u say power steering to a new plug design ??? lets just see if it catches on yea !

Because the principles are exactly the same. A new concept which makes the old concept redundant because its easier. It's not rocket.

Ask yourself this - If it's such a crap idea why are 95% of people in this thread saying its a great idea? And whilst we're on the point, even if it doesn't catch on that doesn't mean it's not a great idea.

182 ff
im not saying its not a great idea just a bit pointless and easy solved etc.

and 95% of people on here would actually buy one !!! na nice concept but wont work !

2014 Focus Titanium
mark_182_54 said:
s**t idea really nothing wrong with normall plugs !

You said it was a s**t idea! Whether it catches on is a different matter entirely, and we weren't discussing that.

Whether it takes off or not is purely down to marketing.

Crappy work hire car
That's brilliant, quality idea. Plus it'd stop you standing on one - bloody hurts that does!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
if that was plugged under your desk, as such a laptop could be. if you put your foot on the plug, as they are usually plugged into extensions, that would snap. on that principal its shite

Crappy work hire car
if that was plugged under your desk, as such a laptop could be. if you put your foot on the plug, as they are usually plugged into extensions, that would snap. on that principal its s**te

More likely to be plugged into the wall though. I take your point you could have a 4 way extension/surge protector but surely you'd just get used to putting this out of the way of your hooves?
You must admit this is a brilliant way around the huge plug problem without changing the whole system and having a new plug entirely.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You don't win an award if you haven't thought about these things.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You don't win an award if you haven't thought about these things.

Winning an award is one thing, convincing a manufacturer to spend millions manufacturing, marketing and then actually selling a product is quite another :p

Good luck to the bloke tbh

57 Clio Campus Sport
Winning an award is one thing, convincing a manufacturer to spend millions manufacturing, marketing and then actually selling a product is quite another :p

Good luck to the bloke tbh

They wouldn't really need to convince a manufacturer on marketing and selling it, it's basicly to replace existing plugs, become the new norm, unless it costs a load more to make I don't see them having a hard time getting every company that sells items that use a normal uk plug to start using it instead.

I'd be surprised if a company like apple doesn't try and buy sole rights to use it or something lol