ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultimate fast road occasional track day suspension set up

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Ok I've finally had enough of my ap racing coilovers that are fitted to the car (ph2 172 non cup) and decided to replace it, question is what do I go for? The car is used as a daily driver and I have to deal with lots of speed bumps and will hopefully do an occasional track day. I also run 15" wheels, if this makes any difference.

Your thoughts please

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That was going to be my next choice. I loved my BC's and are a very well made kit and very well protected but are more money.

I guess budget comes into it. That's the reason I chose bilsteins as there cheaper.

Iceberg PH1 172
Can I ask why your unhappy with the Ap coils.?

I have been considering them as a possible future upgrade myself for a while. They fall into the, not the cheapest but not £800 -1k price bracket.(Which imo is OTT for my 100% road car)

Sorry to side track the discussion, but I don't often see the mentioned here. Just eager for first hand experience from someone.

WRX
BCs for me too.
Handle speed bumps well enough and good on track.
I'm in my 40s too so have to have it pretty comfy.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What's wrong with the AP's? They're pretty much budget KW's. Had them on my A3 and they were brilliant, highly rated in the VAG world.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've run h&r, bilstein and kW v2. KW were hands down the best, followed by the bilstein. Given the price difference, bilstein and a whiteline would be my preference.