ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Un- protected NCB question

Ph 1 172
ever sinse i could i have protcted my NCB but i was wondering as i just recieved a quote 50% of the price of anywhere else i find the only difference being its un-protected NCB

my question is what happens if i have an accident does my 5 years NCB drop straight too zero and i have to start all over again building it up or does it juat go down by a year or 2 (so i would only have 3 years NCB)?
i no longer do serious millage (6k tops a year) so am seriously considering the risk.

any advice welcome and appreciated cheers
DOM

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm insured through greenlight, I have 4years NCB, and they wouldn't protect it till i have 5 years, but other would, i just went for the cheapest option, didn't even think about it TBH

Ph 1 172
I'm insured through greenlight, I have 4years NCB, and they wouldn't protect it till i have 5 years, but other would, i just went for the cheapest option, didn't even think about it TBH

got to be honest im heading towards paying out the £436 as its so much cheaper if it was only a saving of like £100 id think f**k it and pay to protect them. just wondered what happens reall if i crash do i lose all no claims or just some of them. think ill just give them a buzz tomorrow. just wondered what everyone else has done.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
according to my uncle who is a manager in admiral, ncb means feck all these days due to the protected stuff. for example if you have an accident, even though you have protected no claims you wont loose your no claims but will still have to declare the accident when you renew. this makes you premium jump up anyway rendering your ncb usless. i dont protect mine under advice from my uncle (due to it costing more, as you have just found out) and tbh i personaly think its a bit of a retarded idea because if you claim you claim! a no claims bonus should be a discount if you dont claim, not if you protect your policy then claim and still get a discount. makes no sense!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
got to be honest im heading towards paying out the £436 as its so much cheaper if it was only a saving of like £100 id think f**k it and pay to protect them. just wondered what happens reall if i crash do i lose all no claims or just some of them. think ill just give them a buzz tomorrow. just wondered what everyone else has done.

Get a quote now with 0NCB, if it's less than the £822 + £436, take the gamble.

Ph 1 172
according to a go compare it shoots up too £1971 with zero no claims. think i will call greenlight up tomorrow to see if i can get it protected. and also call my current insurance company up to see if they can match it or get close (they did say they would match reasonable quotes today)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Seriosuly don't use comparison websites, brentacre and greenlight were half the price of the cheapest quote off a comparison website, closely followed by DirectLine.
Well for me personally anyway.

Seriosuly don't use comparison websites, brentacre and greenlight were half the price of the cheapest quote off a comparison website, closely followed by DirectLine.
Well for me personally anyway.

This.

Brentacre are literally half the best price I can get elsewhere, regardless of car.