ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unable to stall in 2nd?

Clio 182 cup
I've noticed that when i'm in 2nd gear and take my foot completely off the clutch and accelerator the car never stalls. It just constintally carries on going. the revs dont seem to be any higher than they should be, around the 1,000 mark.

also when coming to a stop the revs occassionally settle at around 1,000 revs and then jump up to about 1,500 before going back to 1,000 again.

has anyone else had the same problems or know what the cause is?

Cheers

Clio RSi
if your not breaking just letting the car slow down at itsown pace then it wont stall the gear will just keep pulling it along.

Megane R26 + 182
Every car i have drove does this, jus dont break and your be fine! Its good for when your movein slowly in traffic!

Megane 2 GT 165
mine does this aswell, however I feel like a kangaroo...idle and correction of revs is such a b*tch it isn't comfortable to drive like that.

Ph1 172
first gear should be the same, In traffic I like to sit nice and far back from the car in front and just let 1st gear tow me at 5mph ;) cruise control for the win

LY 182
dont see why you'd think this is a problem????
what do you want it to do, as soon as you take your foot of the throttle it just conk out?

Clio 182 cup
other cars i've had never did this so i've always used clutch control so have only recently noticed it. i actually quite like it, saves having to feather the clutch all the time in traffic

EP3 Civic Type R
Yup I do it quite alot, works on most cars. My Fiesta Turbo was excellent for it! My old valver always did it too!

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
i noticed this and thought there was something wrong tbh!

works best on mine when I first start it up, before it warms up.