ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unbelievably peeved!

'94 BMW 318i
I registered a claim with my insurance company last week for this accident and at the weekend I received a letter notifying me that the company insuring the person I'm making a claim against is connected to the company that insures me. They basically wanted to re-assure me that a different firm of solicitors will be used for myself and the other party but if I want to, I have the option to use a solicitor of my choice. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure whether to let Direct Line get on with it using their choice of solicitor or whether I should get in touch with a solicitor myself.
Any opinions anyone?

'94 BMW 318i
Oh yea, I also don't think my friend is aware I'm going through my insurance. She emailed me this morning asking if I'm talking to her and I said yes. She then went on to tell me that she has had enough of her job and has resigned. That makes me think that her insurance company haven't notified her of the claim yet. If I was notified of a claim being made against me the last thing I would want to do is quit my job and possibly risk not being able to pay my insurance premiums.
I'm not sure whether to laugh or feel a bit sorry for her. Maybe I should let her know about the insurance claim :). Then again she has been an absolute dick about all this so a part of me doesn't care.

But then again it could be her playing games. She has all of a sudden got quite friendly again as if nothing has happened so I'm slightly suspicious that she may know about the insurance claim and is trying to get all buddy buddy with me so that I withdraw the claim.
Oh well, I may as wel ruin her fun and let her know that I am definitely going through my insurance, unless of course the money for the repair pops up out of nowhere.