ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Underseat Sub?

Im possibly looking into getting an underseat sub for my car, its a 2004 MK2 Dynamique.

My main concern is getting it to fit under one or both of the front seats? Does anybody have any insight on what underseat sub is good to get and what size i would need to be looking for?

If anybody can help thats brilliant,

Thank You :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I have an Alpine SWD 1600, and it fits perfectly. Not sure on the quality though, but I want to get my proper head unit back in before I make a final judgement on that.

koi

Audi S1
I have an Alpine SWD 1600, and it fits perfectly. Not sure on the quality though, but I want to get my proper head unit back in before I make a final judgement on that.

Got the same, not as good as a the Vibe sub I had before but ok for it's size.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

What's wrong with it mate? I've been looking into getting an underseat sub for my van, and was looking at the alpine ones

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Hard to explain but with some notes it's capable of being very powerful (definitely to the point of being antisocial), yet some notes can't get the same power.

I suspect it's more of a headunit issue so I want to check it out. Definitely made a big improvement to the sound in the car though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That's the one I was looking at recently (SWD1600).

If you get a few minutes where you're bored, could you hook your phone up to the headunit (presuming you have this functionality) and play some tones from Youtube to see where it stops playing them?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah I bet they start to struggle once you get below 100hz due to the small cone size not being able to move enough air

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It should fit thats what its designed for. Theres a vid on you tube and its under his seat. The inphase one looks good. Reviews are superb. If it dont fit get a refund I would lol if it dont fit

It should fit thats what its designed for. Theres a vid on you tube and its under his seat. The inphase one looks good. Reviews are superb. If it dont fit get a refund I would lol if it dont fit

if i knew it definately fit id be buying it straight away, i wouldnt want to buy it and then be disappointed, i have read the reviews and they are great. Id want to be greedy though and have one under each seat but not sure thats possible haha

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
if i knew it definately fit id be buying it straight away, i wouldnt want to buy it and then be disappointed, i have read the reviews and they are great. Id want to be greedy though and have one under each seat but not sure thats possible haha
Lol I no what u mean by having a 2nd eventually. Tbf it looks like it will fit

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Pioneer also do one its about £150. Vibe do one aswell

Im tempted by the inphase usw 10 judging by the reviews

My Harmon Kardon OEM system has an 8" sub under each front seat. Sounds fantastic. Good balance of speed and extension.

Having a Bowers & Wilkins sub in my home cinema, I know what real LFE is, so my frame of reference is valid.

Under the seats is a good place for car subs :cool:

Polo + Micra
if you want low frequency reproduction then sealed is the only way to go.

also IMHO i wouln't fit a single InPhase item in mine or anyone else' car if they paid me in $50 hookers

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
My Harmon Kardon OEM system has an 8" sub under each front seat. Sounds fantastic. Good balance of speed and extension.

Having a Bowers & Wilkins sub in my home cinema, I know what real LFE is, so my frame of reference is valid.

Harmon kardon are superb. Mine & the mrs old mini had the harmon kardon upgraded system and it was bloody brilliant. Would love to find one of there underseat subs for mine if they did one

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
if you want low frequency reproduction then sealed is the only way to go.

also IMHO i wouln't fit a single InPhase item in mine or anyone else' car if they paid me in $50 hookers
I take it there s**t then lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

The BMW stereos do sound fantastic. I've only experienced the one in my mates 320 m sport and I'd be more than happy with that tbh.
The HK system must be brilliant

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Are they built into the seat? Pics?

The car's system isn't a patch on the B&O, but it'll do.

Well, it'll do when I have 1k's worth of headunit in it.

No idea. I think they are built into the seats. All I know is they sound great and you can feel the bass coming through your balls.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I had one in the boot of my Corsa and it was so annoying, sounded great though. The underseat solution is perfect.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
do you know of any underseat subs which are good? as to be honest i really would love one but i have no one near me to fit one and i wouldnt know what one to get besides the two i stated above
As said, I've bought the Kenwood ksc-sw11 so I'll let you know how good it is when I've fitted it. ;)

Listerine & Poledo
I've got one of those Kenwoods in the Mazda.
They're alright, give a bit of rumble but dont compare to a "proper" sub.
Ultimately its let me turn off low-end to my speakers though, which has made the quality from those better.

Lol @ "subs are sooooo impractical", they dont HAVE to be massive square boxes that take up the whole boot you know. I used to have a set-up in the clio where I had one of those Pioneer "Pump" subs in the boot and never had any problems with space.

That said, I've never had to carry a baby seat, or a mountain bike. If I did though, these things can be removed and put back in really easily.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
How does one connect an underseat sub to the standard headunit? It's something I want to do, I figure if I take the bass away from the speakers, they won't vibrate so much in the door cards and cause such a rattle.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
How does one connect an underseat sub to the standard headunit? It's something I want to do, I figure if I take the bass away from the speakers, they won't vibrate so much in the door cards and cause such a rattle.
Thats the plan here aswell. Take the bass out the speakers and use the sub. Just crank the treble up on the speakers

you get a wiring kit with it anyway I just hope its long enough