ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UNEVEN IDLE

CLIO 12I SPORT
Hi just wondering if anyone can help me when my Clio Sport 16v 11.49 idles it is very lumpy its as if it is firing on 3 cylinders but as soon as you pull away its perfect, also another point when changing down a gear the gearbox has a lot of play and was wondering if it could be gearbox mountings, many thanks

TeZ

Non RS : (
yea think there all like that TBH with u mate my 1.416v goes up and down when first started not sure y but its fine

Lionel Richie
onto the computer would help, but if the car has no fault lights on the dash its not going to help

easiest way is to remove each HT lead in turn and listen for engine rpm change

CLIO 12I SPORT
No bother Fred I will try that thanks for the help oh by the way there is no lights on dash they all go out on starting up

Renault Clio 172
I had a same problem, at idle speed the engine started to vibrate. When i was driving, there were no vibration.

I changed the spark plugs and the vibration has gone.