ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uneven Tail Pipes

Inferno 182 Cup
I have a JANSpeed Cat Back system installed but my tail Pipes are uneven and the hole system looks like its hanging down too far!!

The Left pipe is about 1cm lower then the right one and the right one is nearly touching the bumper..

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix the wonkyness as i feel like a complete plank at the moment!

cheers :approve:

172 CUP
Take it back to the installer and get them to sort it!

Adjusting/chopping/welding the brackets should do the job. Shouldn't be wonky in the first place tho tbh!

See what they have to say!

Chris.

Inferno 182 Cup
This is the thing, when i brought it, it was already installed! iv had a mate look at it but he failed.

Should the centre pipe be near flush with the underside? If so i might just get a Milltek and get it fitted properly

Matt

172 CUP
I shouldn't be too close no. It should hang from its hangers firmly. If its too close it would bang and rattle over bumps etc.

Its hard to explain, but you should be able to wobble it a bit, but it should be quite hard.

Inferno 182 Cup
It dont move around much its bust very very low!

it can some times scrape on speed bumps if imnot careful, and that's if i slow to about 2mph!

back the the unevenness, would rewedding the back box fix the issue?

You need to loosen the centre pipe to cat ring join, rotate the centre pipe/ system until it sits level.

/y0z