ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unexpected pre-breakfast run

Been meaning to go down to Cheddar at some point, then today I wake up at 6am and can't get back to sleep. So off I go for a 100 mile trip into deepest darkest Somerset.

Apologies for the pic quality, the fog was only just starting to lift so they are a little hazy...

51548082-M.jpg

51548088-M.jpg

51548092-M.jpg

51550222-M.jpg

51551084-M.jpg

Stunning roads around there, longest stretch of NSL I've probably ever driven. Absolutely no traffic which was a bonus, went through the gorge 3 times (one to get a feel for it, one to get photos and another to just enjoy it) and then was home by 10am for breakfast!

Will certainly be going back soon.

16vturbolee

if i would of knew i would of met up with u for a spin i live in bristol

16vturbolee said:
if i would of knew i would of met up with u for a spin i live in bristol

I was hoping to pop down with Freebone at some point as well but I didn't think I would get much response on here when I decided to go at 6am this morning!

Trail182 said:
Nice pictures mate... looks like a great drive round there

Roads were great, you get the fun of the gorge then it just carries on and on (towards Bath as I figured out, as I got lost and eventually ended up there, quality!), a good 10 miles of completely clear twisty NSL stuff. Certainly something you can only do out of season though, it gets real busy from Easter onwards.

I like this pic actually, gives you an idea of the scale of it all and the sorts of roads...

51553879-M.jpg

172 cup TT
very nice stuff... What happens at the end of that road in the first pic?.. seems like everything just ends, white lines and all lol

Floodie said:
very nice stuff... What happens at the end of that road in the first pic?.. seems like everything just ends, white lines and all lol

Its a real tight bend that goes off to the right in that pic, no markings because there isn't enough room for two cars.

No idea if the police hang around (although unlikely at 8am on a Sunday) but chances are you won't be doing anything illegal anyway, very rare that you get a stretch where you could feasibly break the 60 limit to any extent. Unless there is a law against driving up and down the same 5 mile stretch of road time after time, I was fine!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol at the comments on this thread bout cops...no cops out there at all...as ukaskew has said you can't really get over the 60 speed limit in the gorge..

ukaskew i would be up for meeting you at some point but i was busy all day today anyway

LY182/NHB CTR
great pics lovely roads bet you had great fun at that time in the morning...
reminds me i must take a drive around Cheddar again make a change from Brecon..

Mazda MX5 1.8
cool pics

whenever i drive down there it feels like the corners are never gonna end!
be well up for a meet as its only 15 mins from home

Whats the deal with the parking there? Loads of pay and display signs but nowhere to actually pay, I assumed it was free out of season and didn't think anything else of it.

A mini-meet would be great, nice roads and loads of great photo opportunities, its all good! I don't think you would want too many cars there though, its all a bit restrictive if you have more than 5 or 6 cars somewhere like that.

A4 Avant & A3
nice pics mate, i sometimes drive down there when driving from bath to Weston super mare for work. Shame it's in an astra van not the cup!!