ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unichip Installers in South

I live around the Guildford/Farnham area in Surrey/Hampshire, anybody know where the nearest place is to get a Unichip and have it installed?

Clio 172 Ph2

A mate and I went down there for about 8am, left at 4pm. Lots of rolling road sessions! Its a new chip that piggybacks the original one. The bloke just cuts a few wires going to the original ecu and connects them to the new chip. I can see any unused ones so I guess that it works as a go-between.

As for gains and stuff, this is my before / after printout. See for yourself!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/Cliosport/Gallery/Full/1064054067__graph.jpg

wow! thats cool. 188bhp from a chip! kinda reminds me of the claim Rica tunnig made but thats real! + so just how much is your cars engine gonna be knackerd now, 5 hours constant rolling road!!!! at highest speeds.

phill*

Clio 172 Ph2

Its the tuning of the chip that will really do it in! It melted my bumper because the exhaust got so hot! Just make sure if you have an aftermarket one (ive got the twin 3.5" magnex) that its NOT sitting anywhere near the bumper! Be prepared for some serious noise and heat from both the exhaust and the front wheels / tyres! Mine pulled all the floor paint up as it came off the rollers. LOL!

That 188 is 10 up on what it was as standard. Dont take it as being 172 -> 188. Its 178 -> 188. Yours might be lower?

closest place for you would be sas in aldershot there also a place in van aitken development, think there in bracknell.

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by zeemax on 19 October 2003

closest place for you would be sas in aldershot there also a place in van aitken development, think there in bracknell.
Van A is in Crowthorne, just down the road from Bracknell.

Yep I think they do. However I have heard nothing but horror stories from sas, over pricing etc......van aitken would be my choice.

Quote: Originally posted by RB_172 on 19 October 2003

A mate and I went down there for about 8am, left at 4pm. Lots of rolling road sessions! Its a new chip that piggybacks the original one. The bloke just cuts a few wires going to the original ecu and connects them to the new chip. I can see any unused ones so I guess that it works as a go-between.

Is this really trying to tell me that you had around 170lb/ft of torque before the unichip was fitted? did you have any work done before this? cams? headwork???

Clio 172 Ph2

The car was standard expect for my magnex exhaust.

Obviously youre doubting the figures - and thats fine - but this is what their comp said and its all I have to go by!

Surely the actual figures shouldnt be taken as gospel, its the difference between the two runs that matters, and that should be accurate as they were done on the same RR on the same day!

yeah the man has a point!

the difference between figures is important not the actual figures

also the peak figures mean nothing, look at ho early the powerband kicks in now. its almost a flatline power graph!!!

if u want to start comparing actual figures you need a before and after independant readout, as you really can never tell if a company tweaks the callibration nob to make you think they did a better job :-/

Quote: Originally posted by RB_172 on 19 October 2003

Youre obviously talking sh1t and thats a bad attempt at a graph quite clearly made in ms paint!

Clio 172 Ph2

Actually, it was photoshop! :p

But I only added the before and after text to make it easier for people to understand - honest guv!

Yeah right, whatever, next thing youll be saying that putting a viper on yours reduced power, come back to the real world.

Clio 172 Ph2

It would only fit round one way. That said, Id have expected it to go under the bonnet somewhere, not hanging off the exhaust ;-)

Why do people like you play with these things when they havent got a clue what theyre doing, leaving to the professionals you amateur!

Clio 172 Ph2

Yeah I know, I should really. It took me two weeks to find out how to open to door!

Im even going to do you a favour and get someone to drive you around in yours. Youre obviously pretty mailto:cr@p">cr@p at it!

;)