ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uniroyal Rainsport

Skoda Fabia vRS

i need 2 new tyres, now i was gonna get some Eagle F1 GSD-2 for £44 each

but ive been hearin a lot about these uniroyal tyres, are they really that good in the wet

would anyone choose em over the goodyear ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nope i wouldnt - but then i think my contis are good so what would i know

H22A7 Accord Type R

they get good reviews. my mate has some on his 206.........but he doesnt drive hard or anything to know how they do performance wise (206 lx lowered wi 16"s...........granny car in disguise).........the eagles would look better, V-groove, where the unis are a sort of twin V groove.........kinda like a W groove......lol;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

i dont care how they look really, as all performance tyres look ok

i just want a tyre than is good in the wet, and also good in the dry, yet less than £50 if possible !

ill be buying online so it is possible, theres quite a few top tyres for me to choose from within my budget

all of these are below £50 each in 195/45/15

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2
Falken ZE 502
Toyo Proxes T1-S
Avon ZV1
Uniroyal Rainsport 1
BF Goodrich Profiler G
i would ideally like Michelin Pilot Exaltos, but cheapest ive found em online is £72 each

H22A7 Accord Type R

i got toyo proxies from them.........to be honest, they are all good tyres.............toyo goodyear of the uniroyals........i dont think u would be dissapointed with any mate, whats cheapest??? Cause they all good value for the price youll get them for!!! u wouldnt regret gettin the unis, my mate on his 2nd set now lol

Skoda Fabia vRS

there all £45-£50 iirc, looking at the reviews ive seen, i think the uniroyal actually are the best tyre

H22A7 Accord Type R

well i got toyo proxies 195 50 fpr £29 each.......uniroyals were much more so the toyos were a bargain for me...........no point spending much more cash for litttle, if any, better rubber?! And i cant get away from the fact that the toyos look smart and have a totally smooth sidewall, which shines lovely with some tyre gel on it .........Toyo T1-s........fitted to TVRs as standard!! :D

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea but the Toyos have a reputation, they grip, grip grip grip, and then completely let go

i want a tyre that i can feel what its doing, i only paid £25 each for my current Nankang NS-1s and they give really good feel of what there doing, i can tell if im loosin it or how much grip ive got left

H22A7 Accord Type R

damn b*****d reviews!!!!!!!! i read that toyo are amazingly progressive at the break-away point!!! lol!! i get them fitted next week

Skoda Fabia vRS

hehe, thats not what ive heard, exact opposite in fact, never had em on my car though so cant say from personal experience

H22A7 Accord Type R

my mate always had them on his saxo. All he said was u have to watch them when they are very worn down! Ill just have to see how they go!

I got rainsports on my clio, 205/45 16s, absolutely dogs b****cks in the wet, and pretty impressive in the dry, especially in such a width on a small light car like the clio. Cant comment on wearablity as aint had them that long( about 2k) but they so seem to produce a lot of road noise. I rate them, although I always go for wet patterns, Northern weather, pisses down loads.

i have the unis and am very pleased with them. most tyres grip well in the dry but in the wet some are shocking. The unis grip really well in the dry and even better in the wet. trust me when i say that i have tested them.

I would strongly suggest them.

The improvement over the Contis was so good even my Gf noticed.

I had a look for some tyres, 205 40 17s and theyre all well expensive, 80 quid for the cheapest !? Where are you lot getting these 50 quid prices ?

Skoda Fabia vRS

well guys thanks for the advice, ive just ordered 2

my fronts will be comin off, the backs moved to the front, an the new tyres goin on the back, as ive heard its always best to have your new/better tyres at the back

cheers