ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unknown gery plug - behind stereo

Clio III RS
So I've searched through the forum - and despite a lot of other unknown plugs, I can't find any info on this one.
Previous owner had an aftermarket stereo (which he removed) so now I'm going to connect a factory Clio radio - and I have the following plugs:

21962852356_ca7d2bd59f_z.jpg

3 black plugs which connect to the standard radio
1 white aerial plug
A home-made connection for his aftermarket stereo - to get power I presume? I'm hoping to ignore that plug (on the rhs of the photo)
But what is the grey plug for on the lhs?
I don't know if its something to do with the display (I haven't had that working yet because I don't have the radio sorted)?
21976842252_846733e539_z.jpg

21998854091_7ae5bf26a4_z.jpg

Clio III RS
Quite possibly the display/stalk control connector, it's yellow on my Ph.1 though.
If it doesn't connect to the radio - where would it plug in? This may sound like a stupid answer - but its not long enough to get near the steering wheel, and comes from the left, from the glovebox direction...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Should plug into the back of the stereo.

Could also be the CD Changer connector too at a guess.

If you plug everything else in and turn the stereo on, does the information show up on the top dash screen?

Clio III RS
thanks everyone for your advice...I'll ignore that plug for now as it seems to be suggested its an optional extra.
I can't seem to get the radio working though - whcih is odd. I can get power (the CD slot ejects), but no sound/stations/display...

Clio 182
Looks like u got a mk3 onwards from pics - u will need an ignition feed to aftermarket stereo - spur fuse or tap off cig lighter (if its ignition fed)