ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unknown wire/connector behind climate control panel

2005 Clio Sport
When re-fitting the climate control panel in my 2005 182 I noticed two wires that were poorly taped up by a previous owner. I unwrapped it and the connector is blue.

It runs with the bunch of cables that connect to the Auto / Off side of the climate panel.

Just wondering if anyone knows what it is supposed to connect to.

3C9DE4F4-A978-401A-B24B-F397EE41CD84.jpeg

2005 Clio Sport
I love how people think a dodgy taped up connector wasn't done by a French guy who's paid to build cars🤣🤣.
I have no idea what it should connect to.
I love how people think a dodgy taped up connector wasn't done by a French guy who's paid to build cars🤣🤣.
I have no idea what it should connect to.
Well I did not explain the details, but there was a piece of tape-backed foam wrapped around the connector as well as electrical tape. Certainly looked like a diy bodge rather than factory.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I did not explain the details, but there was a piece of tape-backed foam wrapped around the connector as well as electrical tape. Certainly looked like a diy bodge rather than factory.
Bodges don't use fancy foam covered tape.. it would have been sellotaped to the bulkhead.

There would have been one loom available when they were being built to save money, especially if the only difference was one connection.

Worry not (y)

2005 Clio Sport
Bodges don't use fancy foam covered tape.. it would have been sellotaped to the bulkhead.

There would have been one loom available when they were being built to save money, especially if the only difference was one connection.

Worry not (y)
Thanks, although actually I’m just curious.
I recently removed all interior soft touch plastic for refurbishment and now re-fitting

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the faom is factory protection on unused connectors. There's probably one behind the panel where your cruise button is that would adjust the headlamps on other models.