ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unleaded or Super whats yours drink

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I always fill my vee up on ultimate and once every so often BP 102 from Newport Pagnel at..........................wait for it.....................£2.44 a litre!!! Its s**t hot stuff though and it works brilliant with the vee even if it does go through it at a fair ol' rate.

Common subject. I always use super when I can. My car suffers from poor running on 95. Other people say theirs is fine. Personal choice. Mine is a 182, which is allegedly meant run on 98+

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
I always fill my vee up on ultimate and once every so often BP 102 from Newport Pagnel at..........................wait for it.....................£2.44 a litre!!! Its s**t hot stuff though and it works brilliant with the vee even if it does go through it at a fair ol' rate.

That sounds awsome!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I blieve only a few places in the country do it.....just as well as i'd be constantly be filling up on the stuff lol.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Yeah I run V-Power to @ £1.12, deffinatly noticed the MPG is better, getting an average of 35.5 at the moment. It runs allot better, but if you gonna switch from the normal porpers stuff to V power, you wont notice it with one tank, the changes in the ecu happen over time.

I'm struggling to see 30 mpg and most of the time i tend to drive below 3k rpm light throttle... and then open it up every now and then... loool sux2bme

PH1 172 Sport
I'm struggling to see 30 mpg and most of the time i tend to drive below 3k rpm light throttle... and then open it up every now and then... loool sux2bme

Get your lambda sensor checked as IMO 30mpg on a Sport with gentle driving is too low.

phase 1 Clio 172
Just a quick point. When running on lower octane fuel than is recomended, the ecu should back off the spark. This has an effect on horsepower but only a couple of brake that you probably wont notice. However running on the wrong octane fuel can cause ocational detonation which over a long period of time can have adverse affects on wear of engine internals.

Lionel Richie
a 172 should be doing over 40mpg @ 70mph

95RON is all you need, the Dynacup runs it and that did 160bhp@wheels on a stock engine!

mps aero
i always go for the best available. cant believe american petrol is only 91ron. i was reading about the problems it causes for modified cars over there.

just reading about russian ron 87 petrol too lol

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
Morrisons cheap stuff ftw.

V-Power is £1.25 odd f**k that!

It only says 98 RON RECOMMENDED, ie it doesn't NEED it.

RB R26.R
if the ecu will only change after continuous drinking of v power then for people whom consume vpower 'every now and then' this is pointless? :s

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I only run V power in both Clio's. The 197 rund like a bag of crap on anything else and the 182 definately runs better with it.

Now Sold :-(
I get about 10% better MPG on the premium stuff so it's better value for money than regular. The car also feels much more responsive.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I used normal when i first got mine, had a random tank then used normal again after, but for a good 4 month now ive only used vpower and average mpg has gone up by about 4! It doea say to use it anyway so thats all i use now

RS RIP
I have never ran anything else than RON 98.

:eek: i managed 190 miles on a full tank.. BP 98 RON. It is a very bad mpg ain't it

hurray for cams and mapping :D

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
I'm getting 29mpg on 95 ron trying to drive like a normal person but occasionally blasting to just over 69mph:)