ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unleaded Vs Super Unleaded

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Super is a waste of time on the road. The only time i use super is before a hill climb or a sprint, i run one tank through before hand then put in as much as i need for that event. If your just driving to work of the shops i really dont see the point.

53 Clio's & counting
It has superior cleaning qualitys, and because of the higher RON rating the engine can burn it in a cleaner more effiecient manor?

Its not just for flat out, a better fuel will mean the car will run better, even if you cant directly feel it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
cleaning what though? they have fuel filters ;)

I'll try and dig up an old article I found. Tested on an z3m coupe, Honda ctr. Stuck a borescope in the engines. Were noticeably cleaner (the valves and piston's iirc) with the super brands.

Lionel Richie
you can ask the F1 fuel test boys on wednesday, "hello, i am indian, what is good fuel for my tuktuk? thankyou come again"

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
you can ask the F1 fuel test boys on wednesday, "hello, i am indian, what is good fuel for my tuktuk? thankyou come again"

Lol at tuktuk. I'll be too busy sticking Damon hill stickers to schumachers car/garage/face.