ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unlocking android phone

Leon FR ST
My grandad is currently in Hospital and can't remember his lock screen pass code, so can't make any phone calls etc to family.
Does anyone know a way to bypass the lock screen that doesn't involve a hard reset of the phone?
I am going to see him tomorrow, so if I can help that would be appreciated.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Not possible unless he’s enabled developer mode (unlikely!) or running a really old version of android.

It may be possible to access his data on a laptop to backup, if he has set a default connection option if it’s been connected previously….

Also, the way androids sync, most of his stuff should be in the cloud, but reconfiguring all the apps would need redone.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
As above i don't think it can be done, otherwise it would be really easy for people reset robbed phones.

997.1, Caddy, e208
It’s the preservation of data that becomes an issue, android devices on reset usually need google account authentication….

iPhones need icloud, but that can be removed, albeit not cheap.

Leon FR ST
Cheers guys, thought as much but sometimes someone can pull a rabbit out the hat!!
Will buy a cheap phone for the time being and get it set up for him.
Cheers