ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unsafe sounding noise

hi could someone please help me work out why my brakes(well i thought it was my brakes) sometimes grind quite severely when coming to a stop sometimes. Its only coming from the right front brake and I had new discs and pads about 5000 miles ago, im at college about 20 miles from my house, will it be safe for me to drive home?? please reply soon iv only got 3 hours till i need to go home..

they carry on grinding after the cars stopped moving sometimes aswel...

anyone have any idea what it could be and if its safe to drive?

my clutch is on its way out apparently could it be anythign to do with that???

sorry for posting in another forum but im worried

if your clutch is on its way out your car just picks up slow (like very slow acceleration). Stick to low speeds if your gonna drive. it sounds like your braking on the metal barings and you can damage your brakes if you continue to brake on the callipers!

If youre pads are down to the metal then your braking will get a lot worse as a groove will form on your disc and the contact patch therefore will be a lot less..

-Rob

yeah i was reading some other posts and read about stones in the disc shield making unpleasant noises...how can i check this do i just take the wheel off and have a poke around?

Volvo S60 T5

Take the wheels off, have a good look at the brakes and anything else you can see, most problems stick out like a sore thumb.

If all looks well wash your front brakes off with some brake clean, put it all back together and give it a run to see if its any better.
If not get it down to your local dealer to have it checked.