ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio IV 2 gear dropping out

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
So within a week my Clio IV 1.5 DCI manual, is starting to drop out of 2 gear, right now its constant, and if i hold the stick in 2 it stays there, but occasionally jolts.
Otherwise it will pop right into neutral or very close to do so, grinding teeth, sometimes it drops right into neutral.
It is only the second gear, it got 170.000 km's on the clock.
Im a former mechanic without garage, so getting to a place to mess around with it is a bit tedious - i could see some other posts suggested similar things could be the dogbone, or the mount under the battery, could this be a cause?
It all came within a week, and kinda out of the blue, and is pretty bad as of today.
Best Regards Andreas

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
It just jumped out of fifth gear also, while on load, it seems like the stick move about quite alot when setting off, especially in 1st, but there was a faint "clutch" smell after it did it in fifth, i dont know if it was because it redlined (i was driving with auto pilot) and i quickly kicked the clutch and put it back in fifth.

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
Shouldn't be the dogbone as it's a cable linkage as opposed to a solid linkage.

Usually they jump out of 5th when the gearbox oil is low.
but its doing it constantly in second too, and seems theres alot of movement in the stick in first second and third when you release the clutch.

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
Aight, had to go to work and almost didnt make it, it jumped out of all gears making alot of grinding and banging noises, when it went into i.e third it had a horrible whining sound - im a little torn if its just a clutch or both clutch and gearbox

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
It got stuck in a false neutral, the stick was centered, but it was in some kind of gear, and I couldnt get it into a real gear after

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see how the clutch would make it jump out of gear. I'd be checking the box oil level although sounds like it's too late if this is the case

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
I can't see how the clutch would make it jump out of gear. I'd be checking the box oil level although sounds like it's too late if this is the case
Alright, is the fill/level hole situated on the side of the box like most other cars?

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
Alright, is the fill/level hole situated on the side of the box like most other cars

Renault Clio IV 1.5d
Well there it is 😬

Attachments

• 20230220_141540.jpg
    20230220_141540.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • 20230220_141357.jpg
    20230220_141357.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230220_141350.jpg
    20230220_141350.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  Renault Clio IV 1.5d
Do you guys know if jr5060 and jr5335 are interchangable? I can mainly find jr5335 here in my country