ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unsettled Revs?

Hi i noticed the other day my car is sometimes a bit jumpy on low throttle, it may hesitate for a slipt second at say 30mph in 4th if i apply a small amount of throttle.

So It was on the drive yesterday and i lightly pressed the accelerator and the revs went up to about 2k then it went down to about 1.5k and stayed there a bit then back to 2k!

Anyone know what may cause this? TB is new and no fault codes, i'm going to check the TPS setting is constant when I get in but can't think what else it may be?

Any ideas what this could be? If i'm traveling at say 30mph in 4th and press the accelerator it will judder a bit then go..

It's more noticeable at low revs and it's annoying and not very pleasant to drive atm.

No fault codes on the ECU either (as i thought it may have been the lambda)

Megane Mk4
Does it stutter at higher revs too? possibly 4,500/5,000 rpm?

Might be coil pack/HT leads too or spark plugs.

Is the setup the same on 172s as the 182s? Do they have separate ICVs??

It sounds TB related but if youv just replaced it.. Hmm strange one

cheers for the replies:

It seems to be happening all the time. it's fine at high revs though. Would the tps register a fault?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
cheers for the replies:

It seems to be happening all the time. it's fine at high revs though. Would the tps register a fault?

Is it idling ok? If it isn't then read my post about the ICV (idle control valve). They cost just over £60, main dealer only and usually have to be ordered (only takes one day or so).

Yeah it seems to be idling ok, a little lumpy but nothing too bad.

Today I started it and it struggled and the rev counter was having a fit! It was stuck very low and looked like it was vibrating, then it cut out, I started it again and it was fine??

cheers for the replies:

Is it idling ok? If it isn't then read my post about the ICV (idle control valve). They cost just over £60, main dealer only and usually have to be ordered (only takes one day or so).

Where is the ICV on the 172? Can't it be cleaned?

02' PH1 172
i have just had a similar problem, but mine was at 3 to 4k revs. turned out that my map sensor was really dirty and needed to be replaced.

See if you can find another clio and swap the map sensors and see if that makes a diff

sorry to drag this up,

Just put my map sensor in my mates clio and his was still perfect! So that ones ticked off the list.

What else could I check?

CTS?
Lambda?
TPS?

Would any of those cause this issue?

It just kangaroos on decelleration @ around 1200RPM everytime. It's more noticable in 1st and 2nd too.