ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unusal dci 175 feature

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
this is very weird, however in neutral or stationary in gear, car warmed up and not cold the car will only rev to 3k in 1st gear. This isnt when moving, just stationary if you press the loud pedal.

Must be to stop too much torque getting dumped on clutch, but very weird. Only found out today as it was sitting after a run and someone asked how noisy it was at higher revs,m then it wouldnt rev above 3k unless on the move!

weird!!

Wish they'd stick the 175dci engine in the Clio, then I'd be happier. Tailed a 197 along the M9 last night and it looks just right.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Wish they'd stick the 175dci engine in the Clio, then I'd be happier. Tailed a 197 along the M9 last night and it looks just right.

wouldnt be a bad shout, but apparently its not on the cards. Even the 2.0 150 unit remaps to 190 odd and then a bit more with intercooler.

Come reno get your finger out!!

ST
Pretty commen these days in high torque diesel units mate, its so folk like you don't turn the box into a bowl of melted chocolate racin all the wee nobs round the the 'duelys' in EK...

'granny shiftin, not double clutchin like you're supposed to, you almost had me?!'

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm not a fan to be honest.

:dapprove:

Spose it can be viewed as launch control?! Equally pointless as well.

ST
BHP wins in the pub, torque wins on the road/track...especially in a straight line when cruising in 6th at 2,000rpm, knock it down to 4th and ride on the wave of (what seems like endless) torque..

I want a diesel and remapped.

I followed a Honda CR-V (the 4x4 thing) the other day, and from low speed, he could out accelerate me easy until I climbed up to 4k plus.