ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update 3.1.3...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bear in mind that 2G and 3G users can safely update to 3.1.3 and still retain the jailbreak.

3GS users, like me, have to wait.

Hopefully they'll sort the tethering issue also.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Just updated - been meaning to do it for days. It's changed absolutely nothing as far as I can tell.
Meh. At least everything still works perfectly.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I'm still on 3.0 as i JB'ed as soon as i got mine, is there any reason to upgrade or should i just stick with 3.0 till 4.0/new iphone comes out?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Bear in mind that 2G and 3G users can safely update to 3.1.3 and still retain the jailbreak.

3GS users, like me, have to wait.

Hopefully they'll sort the tethering issue also.

3GS users can now unlock/jailbreak too using a new program called sn0wbreeze only if you have not updated via itunes as it also updates to a new bootrom.

After the botched launch of sn0wbreeze version 1.3 yesterday iH8sn0w has fixed the bugs and released a new working version. sn0wbreeze version 1.4 actually works and I had no issues with the pwnd .IPSW it created for my iPhone 3GS.

This guide will teach you how to jailbreak and unlock 3.1.3 using sn0wbreeze for Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32 or 64 bit).

NOTE: 3.1.3 is a minor firmware revision, it isn't an upgrade you need, and upgrading is rather pointless so don't bother. Many want to upgrade to 3.1.3 anyways while keeping their unlock andjailbreak so we are publishing this guide to make sure it's done safely and correctly. Read closely, if there is something you don't understand then ask first, not later.

This guide requires that your device is already jailbroken on firmware lower than 3.1.3. For example I am making this guide using a jailbroken 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS with the old bootrom and baseband 5.11.07.

If you have already upgraded to 3.1.3 then don't follow this guide. iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G users with the new bootrom that have upgraded to 3.1.3 you are SOL so don't follow ANY 3.1.3 jailbreak guide – watch the homepage we'll tell you if/when you can jailbreak and how. iPod Touch 3G users you can not jailbreak 3.1.3 right now so do not upgrade and do not try. iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G (old bootrom) and iPod Touch 1G users that have ALREADY UPGRADED to 3.1.3 and want to jailbreak follow this guide. iPhone 2G users that have upgraded to 3.1.3 and want to jailbreak/unlock follow this guide.

Once again I repeat if you have already upgraded to 3.1.3 you can not follow the steps below! You must have your device ALREADY jailbroken onfirmware lower than 3.1.3 to continue!

Devices that can be Jailbroken following this guide:
iPhone 3GS (OLD BOOTROM ONLY. If the 4th/5th digits of the serial # are before 40 the you should have the old bootrom. If your current jailbreak is tethered DO NOT try this.)
iPhone 3G
iPhone 2G
iPod Touch 2G (OLD BOOTROM ONLY. If your current jailbreak is tethered you have the new bootrom so stay away and/or If your model # starts with MC you have the new bootrom so stay away!)
iPod Touch 1G

This guide can unlock the following models:
All iPhone 2G
iPhones with 04.26.08 Baseband
iPhones with 05.11.07 Baseband
You can find yourbaseband via your phone. Settings->General->About

If your device is not listed above as Jailbreakable by this guide stop now.

If your device is not listed above as unlockable then you can not unlock right now period.

Taken from: http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbr...gs-3g-2g-ipod-touch-2g-1g-sn0wbreeze-windows/

Tesla MP3 2021
3GS users with old boot rom can now jailbreak.....

[YOUTUBE]Ibe4aRNXNCc[/YOUTUBE]

Seat Leon Cupra 290
what is a boot room?

i accidentally updated to 3.1.3 and had JB my phone, does this mean i can JB it again now or am i stuffed?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
what is a boot room?

i accidentally updated to 3.1.3 and had JB my phone, does this mean i can JB it again now or am i stuffed?

iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G (old bootrom) and iPod Touch 1G users that have ALREADY UPGRADED to 3.1.3 and want to jailbreak follow this guide. iPhone 2G users that have upgraded to 3.1.3 and want to jailbreak/unlock follow this guide.

3GS i think your fucked for the time being

Seat Leon Cupra 290
well, looks like my phone is just an expensive itouch untill this gets sorted as im on orange with an 02 phone.

Cupra
You can find it if you put your phone into dfu mode. Alternatively, the fourth and fifth digits of your serial number show the week in which your phone was made. If it is less than 38, your phone is the (probably) on the old bootrom which can use an untethered jailbreak. Obviously if the number is 0-7, the phone was made in 2010 and will also have the new bootrom.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No chance am I running 3.1.3 yet.

I said about 3GS users waiting because I've fell into that trap before.

fiesta 1.25
I know its possible to unlock throug hcydia using blacksn0w if the baseband is 5.11.07 but If the baseband is 05.12.01 is there no way to unlock it or downgrrade the baseband?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
depends on the model i think, its possible on the 2g and 3g but not on the 3gs

Devices Supported
sn0wbreeze lite

• iPhone 2G
  • iPhone 3G
  • iPhone 3G - old bootrom
    [*]iPod Touch 1G
    [*]iPod Touch 2G - non MC

Unless you have already upgraded i wouldnt bother, for the differences between 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 its not worth it

fiesta 1.25
That just jailbrakes it which is aready done its now downgraded to 3.1.2 but the baseband remains at 05.12.01 ive found something called fuzzyboard which claims to downgrade to the old baseband and then use unltrasn0w to unlock!?

Cupra
I would not count on it TBH. There are loads of sites popping up asking selling jailbreaks and unlocks just because they know there are 10000's of people who are desperate to get their phone back, and GeoHot and the dev-team are not going to sort it out for them. You pay your cash and get nothing back.

I may be wrong though, but the dev-team have said that it was not possible, and they seem to know their stuff better than most.

I got my official o2 unlock message, and it says I need to put the other sim in, and connect to itunes to unlock.

Will it update to 3.1.3?

Barge
What if you don't have another SIM other that O2? I wanted to get mine unlocked, I've not has my message to say it's done yet though but when it does come through will I have to go through this unlock process immediately? Or can I wait awhile till I have proper access to another SIM. I could hawk about in my draws for a while to try and find an old Orange one but I'm not sure I have one.

What if you don't have another SIM other that O2? I wanted to get mine unlocked, I've not has my message to say it's done yet though but when it does come through will I have to go through this unlock process immediately? Or can I wait awhile till I have proper access to another SIM. I could hawk about in my draws for a while to try and find an old Orange one but I'm not sure I have one.

I'm not sure. I got my o2 message on Tuesday, and I'm planning on going to Orange payg Saturday, so I'm hoping it'll still work. Imagine it's logged somewhere, and when you connect to iTunes, it registers it.

What I don't understand is this; I bought my iphone on o2. Had it unlocked. But if I had it replaced, would the new one be unlocked?

If you replace it, you might be able to explain to o2 and they won't charge you a second time but it would be locked as standard.

If you replace it, you might be able to explain to o2 and they won't charge you a second time but it would be locked as standard.

They didn't charge me, as I use a contract sim in it. But my contract will be cancelled soon. I have just under a year warranty left on the iphone.

So I'll take it back to apple with my Orange sim in it, will I then be stuffed? Seems silly if that's how it'll work.

Barge
I wasn't aware you had to pay. I put it through on the Pay Monthly account. I've never used it on PAYG - which is how I bought it.

I wasn't aware you had to pay. I put it through on the Pay Monthly account. I've never used it on PAYG - which is how I bought it.

Ditto.

But if you use a payg sim in it, they charge you £15.

My iphone is cracked and will need a replacement at some point. I will have to give them a ring and clarify.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No need to rush, the unlock is registered to the IMEI of the handset so it'll unlock whenever you insert another network SIM card.

Replacement handsets transfer the unlock from your original handset to the new one, true of Apple stores.

Last edited:
No need to rush, the unlock is registered to the IMEI of the handset so it'll unlock whenever you insert another network SIM card.

Replacement handsets transfer the unlock from your original handset to the new one, true of Apple stores.

Oh thank you very much. That's good news.

Go cry to your momma!
I can confirm that the unlock carries across to replacement handsets.

I was a little worried when I had mine swapped but it was unlocked the moment that they put the transaction through their system :)