ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updating Your TomTom?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I have one of the very early TomTom One satnavs and it only dawned on me today that it's never been updated. What is the procedure to update your maps and is there a fee? If there's a fee can it be dodged??

182, 172 Track Shed
Think you can go to the TomTom website and download some software to your computer that will let you update it

I didnt pay anything when I updated the UK maps

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
The TomTom website wants £40+ to update my maps. I told them to get lost which, coincidentally is exactly what I did.

Surely there's a cheaper way??

You use a program called TomTom home.
Worth plugging it in and doing software updates/ firmware updates, even if you don't want to pay to upgrade the maps. Irons out bugs.
Unfortunately on all sat nav's you have to pay to update the maps.

TomTom have got a Mapshare thing, which uses update themselves, and you can load all this onto your satnav via the same program, which should hopefully update it. Though still won't show new roads obviously.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Glad I bought the Tom Tom app last year now. It's stupid having to pay for map updates