ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The USB stick in Media Nav has stopped loading

Renault clio
Help please ,I have a Renault clio from 2013 ,the navigation in my Media Nav was not updated for many years and only yesterday I decided to update it , I followed the procedures of one of many videos in YouTube which was easy and straight foreword. I had an empty USB with 15 GB (I didn't format it cause non of the videos I watched said to format it ) I insert the USB stick in the Media Nav to create a finger print of my navigation system and then to my pc toolbox program to get the latest updates then back to the Media Nav to load it with the updates,every thing went smoothly with no issues but after few minutes of loading updates and when it reached the end it stopped ,until writing this thread it passed one hole day without any changes.
Anybody has been to a similar situation or anybody has any idea what to do ? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-03-25 at 17.46.51.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-25 at 17.46.51.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 47

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
format the USB and create a new one using the following website, it skips out the step of using Toolbox:

Worth noting, your not updating the maps - only the Software on the unit its self.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll guess that the file type on the USB stick itself isn't accepted by the header unit.

NTFS would be a good standard to pick, but I'll guarantee that a lot of devices will not support it. I'd personally try to obtain a USB that was less that 8GB or less in size and USB2.0 only - before formatting it to exFAT. And if that doesn't work with the update - retry it by formatting the stick once more to FAT/FAT16.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It will be formatted correctly if it's got that far then crashed, they are just a little flakey, it runs WindowsCE, the later android ones are much more stable

Renault clio
I guess I have to start all over again ,first of all to pull out the USB stick and see if the Media Nav is intact or all data are erased then I will get a new USB with 8GB and format it as Darren suggested then I will download the software from GPS R-LINK hoping it will work this time .
In case of any other complication I will wait until tomorrow Monday and pay a visit to Renault to see if I can get help.
Thank you very much for all the responses

Renault clio
I pulled out the stick and as expected with Renault technology:giggle:, I have a frozen screen and have to figure out how to revive it .:unsure:

Renault clio
Latest Update
After sending data back and forth with Renault customer service
I got their answer .
They dropped their hands from helping by putting their blame on disconnecting the battery which I'm sure I would have lost the navigation data any way even without disconnecting the battery.
Of course one hour of looking into the problem by Renault is around 150 USD .
***********************************************************************************************

Our technical support has returned and they write the following:

"Disconnecting the battery likely corrupted the navigation onboard. Unfortunately the error messages the customer is getting suggest that data has been lost.
We are unable to provide a solution in such cases: my only recommendation is that they contact a dealership and have the Media Nav replaced."

Renault clio
Haha and Renault customer service doesn't say anything about this link to one of their faithful customers.
Thank you Martin ,appreciate it.

Renault clio
It's not going well try a brand new USB of 32 (GB) which is the minimum one can find in my city and downloaded the file zip and extract it as mentioned to the USB with no success and tried all other formats NTFS and exFAT all with this rub :
No media file was found in the USB

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I know what you’re thinking. ‘Did he fire six shots or only five?’ Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a 4.5mm, the most powerful airsoft gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?