ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgrade to a 172 :)

1.2 clio dynamique
my little 1.2 clio has given me so much hassle over the last few months im considering changing it. however it still manages to make me smile when i go for a proper drive. and now im 21 i can afford something with more oomph. sooo how are the 172's for reliability? or should i go for the 182?

Ph2 Flamer
Wouldn't imagine there's any difference in reliablility between a 172 and 182. Love my 172 but if I'd been able to find a 182 for the cash I paid for the 172 I'd have gone for a 182 just for the twin exhaust.

As far as reliability they aren't bad cars at all and most parts are pretty cheap to replace and the for sale section can usually sort you out for not too much. If you've got any practical skill at all you can do a fair bit of servicing yourself (oil, sparks, filters, brakes, pads, interior bits etc)

Mines been no real bother except for the usual random warning lights for no apparent reason and other bits needing replacing as you would expect on any car.

There's a guide for buying a second hand clio on here so give that a read before you go kicking tyres or buy a dog.

Audi A3
personal opinion on the 182/172 choice.

personally i dont like the look of the exhausts and prefer the more subtle look. however LY and RB are fantastic colours and can only get them in the 182.

ive got an AA parts and service warranty and it keeps in very handy!