ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded Exhaust Mounts

clio 1.2
Just got my car back from its mot, and whilst it was there i asked them to change my exhaust mount because once i had lowered the car and my sportex exhaust was fitted, there is a loud vibration from the exhaust, think its possibly hitting off the rear axel. Changed it over and its still the same :S Is it possible to buy upgraded ones like a power-flex one or something similar?

any help here would be much appreciated,

Jordan

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
There is a thread on here somewhere when one of the guys took the rear hanger and just put a rubber mount inside the hanger and secured it with cable ties,i`ve also seen some competition hangers on eb*y...not cheap though.

clio 1.2
Thanks guys, ill see if i can find that guys thread, ill have a look at my mount tommorow and see if i can make something up till i get something more long term.

J

Looking for 182
Do this : http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...fied-exhaust-mounts&highlight=exhaust+hangers

Mine before:

x0V9S.jpg

And after:

2UBP8.jpg

Ph1 track 172
i did the above with just a cheap halfords universal exhaust hanger, worked pretty well!!

but now that the mot station have pointed it out, they might try and insist you get a proper replacement! :(