ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded hdmi cable, worth it?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just curious really. Been using the standard hdmi and wondered if a 'better' one would make a good difference on the xbox?

Dan

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
as much as currys tried to make me believe it would, it doesn't/shouldn't because the signals are digital either a 1 or a 0 meaning as long as the signals are getting to the end device the cable should make no difference.

Newer cables do support technologies such as 3d and ethernet if you need those features.

as much as currys tried to make me believe it would, it doesn't/shouldn't because the signals are digital either a 1 or a 0 meaning as long as the signals are getting to the end device the cable should make no difference.

Newer cables do support technologies such as 3d and ethernet if you need those features.

I'm using a standard hdmi cable for 3d mate.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Fair one. Yeah its working fine i was just curious on wether a so called 'upgraded' one would make a whole load of difference.
Dan.

PH1 iceburg
Saw a review on gadget show a while ago and they tested some ridiculously expensive ones against £3.99 ebay ones and they could not tell the difference.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I was always curious of this so will stick with my cheap QD purchases :)

Rav4
It interests me as to why they range so much, saw a QOD one for £170 the other day....... ridiculous.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
it is because currys staff are trained to sell them using the tequnique of "you are buying a expensve tv/hometheater setup why compromise and use a cheap cable", this is what i was told to do when i worked at currys.

I've been using £3 ones off eBay for years.

I've literally bought 10+ from the sane seller. Would never pay more than a few quid.

Oil Burner
For HDMI cables - not worth it at all. The only thing to consider is the spec of the cable, 1.3a - 1.4 etc... Supposedly you can only use 1.4/a for 3D, although i've never tested this theory.

Z4
I use these:
http://www.thatcable.com/product/HDMI-Male-to-Male-Cable-Type-A-(Standard)-Version-1-3BHDMI-1.3b

But even those are expensive in terms of what you should be paying.

When my parents went and got a Pioneer they fell for that crap and bought some monster cables, I even warned them beforehand.

lol my mum and stepdad did the same.

Mum - 'We got the tv!'
Me - 'what's all this?'
Mum - 'the salesman said we needed a gold hdmi cable and surge protecter, he gave us a good deal so it only came to £200'
Me - 'did you listen to me AT ALL 20 minutes before you left?!'
Mum - 'Yeah, you said get the Panasonic..'
Me - 'Oh dear, we better get a refund!'

57 Clio Campus Sport
no you don't.

Great post. 1.4 minimum. Would you like to comment?

lol my mum and stepdad did the same.

Mum - 'We got the tv!'
Me - 'what's all this?'
Mum - 'the salesman said we needed a gold hdmi cable and surge protecter, he gave us a good deal so it only came to £200'
Me - 'did you listen to me AT ALL 20 minutes before you left?!'
Mum - 'Yeah, you said get the Panasonic..'
Me - 'Oh dear, we better get a refund!'

Oh I forgot about the surge protector which I think was monster too. I'll be honest and say I'm not sure how much they paid for them but it could have all been money off the tv instead.