ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgrades...

clio 182
Hiya new to all this forum business, i have an 05 black gold 182.. had all the cosmetics bit done and now looking to upgrade the exhaust and lowering it a bit, i am 42 so not a boy racer.. its got a sportex on at the moment, so am after advise.. a stainless exhaust that looks good and sounds great.. any ideas??

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have got a piper cross induction kit and cat back exhaust on mine, sounds quite nice, not too loud unless you give it the beans, I have also just bought and RS tuner and loaded the Ron98 map on the car, makes a good difference, better tickover (once it settles down) and it also pulls a lot better from lower revs, I would really recommend that as an upgrade, apart from that you are talking serious wedge to make it go quicker...

Willo

FF Artic 182
General consensus is eibach or cooksport springs with oe dampers for height n comfort.
Scorpion or miltek (sp?) Exhaust systems and maybe an open filter for noise.
Remap to make it run proper as Willo said.

You tube a few exhaust systems.

BG Clio 182
Hiya new to all this forum business, i have an 05 black gold 182.. had all the cosmetics bit done and now looking to upgrade the exhaust and lowering it a bit, i am 42 so not a boy racer.. its got a sportex on at the moment, so am after advise.. a stainless exhaust that looks good and sounds great.. any ideas??
Got to say the Scorpion Exhaust the RS192 or their current line are really good. Got one on mine sounds absolutely unbelievable. Genuinely quiet at cruising speeds but rev it a bit and you get a lovely note.

The Ktec Racing induction kit is also awesome really love that too, look on ebay for sounds.

Cooksports are unbelievable. Car is like night and day. Nice drop without being too low and can still go over any speed bump you wish but looks low and meaningful and really stiffens up the ride makes it a lot more precise and sporty :)

Just my two cents though everyone's different but my car feels spot on apart from the 98 RON map what's coming soon :)

Clio 182
Just put cooksport 35mm springs on mine. Def recommend them! Got a Scorpion full system inc decat which makes it loud lol. YouTube exhaust vids...

BG Clio 182
Do cooksport do custom springs and where do you buy them? I only really want mine lowered 20mm max
Cooksports lower the front 25 mm which is an inch and the back 30. This honestly is fine I haven't found a bump mine won't go over. After a month or less with more regular driving, they settle beautifully and become really comfortable!

Clio 182
Someone mentioned something about ktec induction kit... or if you want something the same but cheaper, then have a search for "thefattys induction kit" seems to be popular at the minute :smile:

EDIT: shocking spelling

BG Clio 182
Someone mentioned womehting about ktec induction kit... or if you wnat something the same but cheaper, then have a search for "thefattys induction kit" seems to be popular at the minute :)
Yeah they look okay don't get me wrong, it's just I think the ktech ones look better although they're overpriced of course!

Clio 182
Yeah they look okay don't get me wrong, it's just I think the ktech ones look better although they're overpriced of course!
I agree they do look a bit nicer, but it depends what you are going for, if you want something that sounds and seems as good as ktec then its a good alternative and cheaper, but if you want it for looks as well, then it might be worth investing the extra :smile: saying that, the fattys one still looks good

Cooksports lower the front 25 mm which is an inch and the back 30. This honestly is fine I haven't found a bump mine won't go over. After a month or less with more regular driving, they settle beautifully and become really comfortable!

Its mainly cos I want an oem ride quality and dont want the tyres touching the arch liners ever even with passengers in car

BG Clio 182
Its mainly cos I want an oem ride quality and dont want the tyres touching the arch liners ever even with passengers in car
Ride quality is the same just a little stiffer and sportier. You feel somehow you're sat a little lower a bit more sporting than being in a high chair haha. Mine doesn't mate with a full car :) they're designed to be usable though.

Everyone swears by them mate they're excellent.

Couldn't help but notice you going with a filter instead of an induction kit but if you drive the car normally you wouldn't hear the induction any way! they honestly aren't that loud? Where do you live mate you can have a look at mine if you like with the induction and scorpion exhaust and cooksports haha.

Sorry I meant a panel filter inside the standard airbox. How much are cooksport springs? Could always give them a go I suppose. Probably get some cup dampers to go with them.

BG Clio 182
Sorry I meant a panel filter inside the standard airbox. How much are cooksport springs? Could always give them a go I suppose. Probably get some cup dampers to go with them.
About £120 quid. With those and cup dampers you'll be pretty comfortable yet able to track day it the suspension is that good! Yeah it's your call mate. A lot do that but again if you want a big sound when you open it up yet no sound sub 4k revs an induction kit is great! You get more noise the harder your foot is down so obviously during acceleration there's a big sound but cruising there's none!