ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgrading a macbook when new...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There is an option when buying a macbook online to upgrade from a 2.4ghz processor, 4gb ram and 340gb HD. The HD and ram can be sourced for around 130 pounds and i have heard its a piece of piss to upgrade them yourself.. my question is can you uupgrade the 2.1 processor to a 2.4 processor yourslef and also is it worth the extra money for .3 of a processor? I dont really get it. hope i have been clear enough. thanks:)

1 Series Coupe
The memory is easily upgraded on the new macbook along with the harddrive. Doing this yourself may void the warranty though..

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^^ what they dont know wont hurt them... i know you can upgrade memory and HD etch but the processor? ie from a 2.1ghz to a 2.4. i basically wanna know if its worth the extra money for a 2.4 ghz processor? Yay or nay :) how you finding your apple petts?

If you get a Macbook Aluminium, you might aswell get the RAM from Apple.
For the DDR3 1066Mhz RAM, £100 for 4GB isn't bad.. it's probably cheaper.. unless you do well by eBaying the standard 2GB.

4GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM is about £130 inc VAT I think.. HDD will be about £60/£70, so say £200...

My advice is get the RAM done by Apple and do the HDD yaself.

(This is only valid for the new Macbook Aluminium's, due to the high end RAM they use)

And no, upgrading the processor yourself is a silly idea.. :p So get the 2.4GHz if you can afford it.. as it's not easy to upgrade later.

B

Brown.

Upgraded my ram to 4gb at he cost of 60pound....ebay is your friend :)

Clio Dynamique 1.6
I have replaced the RAM and hard drive in my previous gen Macbook. It is very easy to do and does not void the warrenty as Apple counts them as user servicable parts.

Never attempted to change the CPU though!