ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading. Advice?

Renault Clio
Hey,

I've had my little 1.2 Grande for a year now and after a huge list of issues i'm still willing to give Clios another shot, i think there great cars. Im looking to spend no more than £4000. After looking about seems like a decent 172 might be the way to go? You guys got any advice?

Cheers.

Black Clio GT
join up for £10 and there is a buyers guide in the members section.
£4k is a good budget and you will be able to get a mint one for that.
usual stuff to look for is cambelt/tensioners have been replaced, brakes in good condition, suspension top mounts can have play/squeek, fsh, and stone chipped front end. the above will cost a bit to put right so bear that in mind when looking at them.
also depends on whether you want to modify it or keep it standard, there are a lot out there with suspension/engine/exhaust upgrades which can push the price up. dont buy the first one you see, have a look at a few as they seem to differ quite a bit in price/condition nowerdays.
have fun looking :)