ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading close the the end of your contract ?

Shed.
2 things.

Firstly, ive been told its possible to go into phones4u and get them to pay the remainder of your contrct and start a new one, seemed a bit far-fetched but i know about 4 people that have had this done, my cleaner has just had one done and that didnt end until feb next year, although i think there is a lot of faffing about.

Secondly, im on an 18 month contract with O2 from the O2 shop. Ive just had my 13th phone bill, is it possible to ring them up and ask for a new phone, and to just continue with what i have without changing anything, even though i have 5 months left with them. So basically im just after a new phone, because my N95 is falling apart now.

M2 Competition
Yeah phones4u will give you cash monies to pay off your old contract. You'll end up with two running concurrently for a bit, with the money in the bank to pay for the old one until it dies...

But - id avoid phones4u. The worst service/ aftercare you could ask for in a phone shop. Shockingly awful.

Ring o2 and ask them mate. Say you want a new phone, have been offered one elsewhere, and see if they play ball. In the phone market theyre fighting for customers, so if theyre any good to you as you've been with them a year they should offer you an upgrade.

A4 Avant
I cut my contract short by a couple of months with phones4u. I won't be doing it again. I'd rather be stuck with a broken phone again than go back. Bunch of idiots IMO.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'd just wait it out Fella....... Nothing is quite as it seems when you end contracts early etc.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've just had experiences where the f*****s never stop taking money or try and con you by offering x,y,z onto your currnet contract but it turns out its a whole new contract and you end up coughing up more money that you anticipated.

Shed.
Ring and ask O2. You dont get if you dont ask.

True true. I just wanted a CS opinion before i did so.

Yeah phones4u will give you cash monies to pay off your old contract. You'll end up with two running concurrently for a bit, with the money in the bank to pay for the old one until it dies...

But - id avoid phones4u. The worst service/ aftercare you could ask for in a phone shop. Shockingly awful.

Ring o2 and ask them mate. Say you want a new phone, have been offered one elsewhere, and see if they play ball. In the phone market theyre fighting for customers, so if theyre any good to you as you've been with them a year they should offer you an upgrade.

I will try this, but what exactly should i say?

Been offered A new Blackberry Curve for free, same contract as im on now, ie 35 a month 18 month, with the same network.

Shed.
I've just had experiences where the f**kers never stop taking money or try and con you by offering x,y,z onto your currnet contract but it turns out its a whole new contract and you end up coughing up more money that you anticipated.

Then i say no ? I know what you mean tho.

o2 will probably let you upgrade when you have 3 months left.

You can go to Phones4U but think about how they are making the money back by giving you over £100 for your contract.. You won't get as good a deal from them. So you'll end up paying more for the phone, less mins, less texts, that sort of thing.

They are also the most some of the most aggressive sales people I've ever come across. They'll convince you its a good deal when in reality its probably not.

Stick with going direct to o2.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Oh and would they tell me to piss off if i asked for a new blackberry 9000 thing ?

They aren't all that and they're huge - although if I had to look good at the golf course then I'd choose it.

Really, really don't get the point of the Blackberry. And you can't even argue that it's better than WM, because Blackberries crash just as often (in fact, I'd say more often - my Blackberry did it every other day!).