ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading to H I D s...?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I appreciate this is topic that's been covered before, though something I know next to nothing about.

I quite fancy the idea of one of upgrading to one of these H I D kits. Something of very good quality and excellent illumination is what I'm looking for.

Any recommendations on what I should be buying and by which manufacturer?

Thanks.:)

Mk2 Ph2 172
True but Unless you dont fit the self levelling system and self cleaning system then yes it still is and can also fail an mot ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Wrong and wrong. If it was dangerous, you wouldn't be able to drive a Supra these days. And there's no requirement for either to be fitted, only that if they are fitted they must work.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
There illegal !!! And blind other road users !!!!

No they don't. Don't be silly! It's simply a matter of correct headlight adjustment. The beam must be lowered to not effect the on coming traffic. A lot if things are illegal in this world, in the grand scheme of things H I D s don't worry me.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'd go with a proper OEM setup personally. I think it looks better. Non OEM always looks guff IMO. There's just something not quite right about it.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'd go with a proper OEM setup personally. I think it looks better. Non OEM always looks guff IMO. There's just something not quite right about it.

I know what you're saying. Sadly on a bit if budget though. I was thinking if I was to get a good quality kit, it would do the job nicely.:)

as the other guys said, make sure you have projector headlamps (reflectors just look horrible with HId's - not to mention blinding for other drivers). make sure you level them properly and have your beam adjust down so that you dont piss off everyone else. maybe go for something like 6k HID's. a nice crisp white and not so annoying for other drivers either. my mate has them and its not to blinding in my rear mirror. however my other mate has 8K HID's and they just dazzle the hell out of me (8k have a slight blue tinge to them)