ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upper gearbox mount, is it just me?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is it just me or does everyone else shear the bolt that bolts into the wheel arch, every time i remove one of these from a car thats not had mounts done in a few years?!?! thats about 7 cars ive done it to now!

330i. E30 Touring.
Nope, but it's always f**king rusty!

Six sided socket and gentle progressive wrist action (Hi) FTW.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thats what i done yesterday when i felt it tightning up but the fucker still snapped, lucky it left me enough to get a set of mole grips on it and get it out that way, c**t!

LY 182
no mate plusgas and lots of back forth action...not snapped a bolt in a long time! except on exhausts :mad:

Clio 172
Can't say I've experienced that with either of the two I've done, although our cars aren't subject to the same level of salt on the roads as yours are

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Budgie, help me do mine then?

Got one in my bedroom, but not done it, when I tried I didn't realise there was a nut underneath, and the pressure on the rubber just caused the ratchet to twang back!!!

I guess I'll find the problem you're all talking about soon enough... :S

Clio 172
Budgie, help me do mine then?

Got one in my bedroom, but not done it, when I tried I didn't realise there was a nut underneath, and the pressure on the rubber just caused the ratchet to twang back!!!

I guess I'll find the problem you're all talking about soon enough... :S
You're not trying hard enough:D

Get a big breaker bar or put a big bar over the end of your ratchet to make your lever bigger, and one swift yank to free it of the rubber should let you loosen it.

Alternatively get a lend of an impact wrench:D