ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated gear selector bush?

ff ph2
After replacing the white plastic bushing which causes play in the gear lever,
I noticed the new one has quite a bit of play as well. It's a new oem part, with the correct part number 7700872205.
1593441646637.png
Is there a better non plastic part for this?
I'm surprised @Yanoo doesn't have one.

ff ph2
Found out later this causes the play, it's the same when the nut is fully done.
Is there anything missing?
No wear on either side, just excessive clearance.

ff ph2
The ball can wear in the plastic white bush, where mine had play

Thanks for the help :)
Just to make sure, you were refering to this part?

1598004134180.png

If so, mine is genuine but the ball is made from metal and has no play,
The play is only due to poor tolerance between the gear lever bar and the hole in this part, as if something was missing.
Tried electrical tape and it eliminated they play temporarily.
Weird they sell this part both with a metal and a plastic ball, typical renault, parts are leftovers from random renault models lol

Thanks for the help :)
Just to make sure, you were refering to this part?

View attachment 1491436

If so, mine is genuine but the ball is made from metal and has no play,
The play is only due to poor tolerance between the gear lever bar and the hole in this part, as if something was missing.
Tried electrical tape and it eliminated they play temporarily.
Weird they sell this part both with a metal and a plastic ball, typical renault, parts are leftovers from random renault models lol

Yep, that's the part. Ball metal on mine, meant it went in the plastic white bush.

If it's a genuine one then I guess a new long gear linkage (from bottom of the shifter to the small linkage we've been discussing) would be an option as there is potential for wear here.

Yanoo does a metal bush for this issue but it is only for the older style of long gear linkage.

Mk2 Leon Cupra
Would a sleeve that fits inside that linkage but also over the connection bar work and bridge that gap between the two stopping the play?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Installing my PMS shifter however I noticed the catch on the bush has broken away

C3CBB0AA-8A37-44F9-AE6C-E53DBF98C6FF.jpeg
I haven’t checked the old one for play yet, I didn’t notice anything with the OEM shifter installed.

Is it critical that these snaps together or is there enough play inside the housing it slides into to allow it to open slightly causing the bush to not sit snug around the ball?

My options are to order a new one but that going to be Wednesday onwards till it arrives (and I’m impatient) or do I fit the old one provided there isn’t slop when it’s clipped together around the ball?