ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated mounts

Clio 16valver cup
question.

Are these mounts also used on a clio williams to f4r conversion? And wich brand are the from?

Black 182 FF
I would have thought replacing some mounts (not all) may help to preserve the exhaust from moving too much and hence slowly coming apart at places? Or am i wrong?

I was wondering that too. Mine seems to have a small blow under strain (like moving off), which it doesn't have when stationary. I also have a feeling (or rather I can sense) there's a bit of play in the mounts, so I was hoping an uprated dogbone mount or more may help cure these things.

PH2 172
Iv also modified my rear exhaust mount so thats solid and it is all abit mental sometimes when u let off or rev the car the whole car vibrates. think its all abit solid lol not sure how long there stay in there for. but defo need to uprate the top suspension struts now as they knock more from the force.

RS RIP
dug up an old thread. I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing any trouble (besides vibrations) with these mounts?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've got ktec solid top mounts fitted. No extra vibrations and not much different ride quality tbh lol

Must be one of the lucky ones ay

RS RIP
Thanks guys. I'm also curious about these "early" users in this thread, wondering if any problems may have come up with driveshafts/train/gearbox, etc. with the engine being "fixed" , deleting any play and putting the torque-strain on other parts.

?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Oooooooooo Dave, are you insinuating that bad fitment is creatin all these
Problems... Ooooooo

Mine are fine :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Not really mate, as there's only really one way you can fit them,
which is put them on, bolt them down and torque them up.

Maybe i've just got use to the dog kennel rattling and vibrating over the years,
so even if there is an increase, I just don't notice it.

Tbh the car stopped vibrating years ago after I remapped it with an RST,
it used to have a really lumpy idle, but the remap got rid of it.