ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT 172 Throttle cable

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
After the idle problem, had the throttle cable off, absolutley buggered. It's frayed by the bulkhead, one tiny strand was holding it together. Need a throttle cable ASAP, but Renault are quoting a week! Any ideas where I could get one quick-smart, any ideas??

53 Clio's & counting
ebay chap? or ring the local dealers see if anyone has one in stock? how old is your clio?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Xreg 172. Renault special order part, no way of getting it quicker. If I can't get one, I'll have to rent a car, getting married on sunday, so many jobs to do!!!!!

Vw caddy tdi
Always got my clutch cables for the R5 in halfords they were actually a thicker quality cable than oe renault?

53 Clio's & counting
well if it helps i have my old one,only reason why i changed it was it was stiff in operation,your welcome to it to tide you over till you can get a new one?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Buy a universal one and cut it to length?

Sh*t timing or what?!

At least you know what the problem was now though ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
f**k. Cable just snapped, managed to get a new one, but can't get the old one off, seems to be trapped behind the bulkhead, can't see where or how. f**k.