ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent help setting up samsung Surround sound

soon to be 172
My HTX-200 turned up today, (tried the ipod on it and s**t the f*****s good)

Now im trying to wire it up so the sound comes out of the tv but i ony have a few hdmi cables. (does hdmi carry sound?) Im wanting to connect the sound to the Sky+ hd box but it only has 1 hdmi port?

So i have

Surround sound 1 hdmi
Tv 3 hdmi's
Sky+hd 1 hdmi

(i have 3 hdmi cables and thats it)

Is there a way to wire it?

E87 118d M Sport
Sky Box to TV
TV to surround sound kit.

Its how you set up the AV's that will distribute the sound

(oh, and yeah, HDMI do carry sound)

E87 118d M Sport
Think of it this way.

Your Sky box sends a sound signal. As you have it plugged into the TV, the sound will want to come out of the TV. But as you have the TV plugged into the Surround sound kit, it gets diverted through that.

You need to go through the setting on Audio (on the TV) and set-up the sound settings.
I cant talk you through this as I have no idea which menu you have. But its very straightforward. The manual should cover it!

soon to be 172
i have the lg led tv with a samung surround sound, i have been through the menues and cant figure it out for s**t.

soon to be 172
nope lol. But am backward when it comes to things like this

Its a new lg lcd tv, I cant remember what model but there menues are the same i think?

E87 118d M Sport
I cant remember it all off the top of my head, and every tech site going is blocked at work.
There should be a very straightforward guide in the menu of how to connect to a surround sound kit.

The "easiest" thing to do is go out and buy an optical cable and do this:

TV
'
HDMI
'
SKY
'
OPTICAL
'
S/S

E87 118d M Sport
Yeah, if you have an IQ of more than 75. ;)

(nah I dont know mate, it can be done, and LG do talk to Samsung, you'd just need to play around, but if that isnt your thing thats fair enough)

Optical cables (on ebay atleast) are cheap as chips.

Mondeo diesel barge
Get an optical cable, wire it from the samsung surround system to the TV. Then anything plugged into the TV will output the sound from the sound system. Easiest way to do it. Just make sure the TV and samsung system have this option.

soon to be 172
yes they both have optical in/out but i cant leave the house until the next delivery has arrived and i have already take the living room to pieces.

Mondeo diesel barge
You need some sort of audio cables, be it an optical or the red and yellow analogue cables. HDMI does carry sound, but the sky box will be connected to the TV via HDMI, so will want to output sound through the speakers on the TV. You then need to tell the TV to output through the sound system, so will need either of the audio cables I mentioned (Optical being the better choice).

Optical cable - as said

You put it in the optical out on the TV and into the optical in on the surround sound

Then you sky+, xbox, dvd player etc... you connect to the tv using hdmi

Whatever channel your TV is on the sound will play out the surround sound

soon to be 172
cheers lads, i got there in the end. What would i do if it wasnt for a .......................................clio sport forum.

soon to be 172
[YOUTUBE]urY2OEbmYQ4&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

speakers in the wall, Sub installed away and a bit of dizzee - bonkers (dubstep remix) its more then silly loud and for 2.1 i think its awsome. The player itself can take 5.1 so i am scouring ebay ect for 2xrears and a centre speaker for it.