ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP

3 Series touring
Hi, curently walking home and using phone internet!
Started the 1.2 and it idled at 1500rpm! And theres no response when i press the throttle!
What could it be?
Ben

182 Cup
No idea. Open the bonnet and check - if it's fly by wire then it could be the unit on the throttle body or the sender at the pedal.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Shoulda asked me for a lift mate! Unfortunately i have no real mechanical knowledge so cannot help. But if you're around sidcup then i have some tools etc.

3 Series touring
Shoulda asked me for a lift mate! Unfortunately i have no real mechanical knowledge so cannot help. But if you're around sidcup then i have some tools etc.

cheers! its only a half hour walk though!

the electrical warning light was on when i started the car....

plugged in the trouble code reader when i got back up there and voila..runs perfect, only problem is ...no trouble code :S

im confusedd!!

Clio 182
hi mate i am a tech for renault, u will usualy find with these that the throttle body gets dirty and greasy needing a good clean out and reinitializing by your local renault dealer OR pedal potentiometers also play up, what did the fault say on diagnostic machine?

3 Series touring
hi mate i am a tech for renault, u will usualy find with these that the throttle body gets dirty and greasy needing a good clean out and reinitializing by your local renault dealer OR pedal potentiometers also play up, what did the fault say on diagnostic machine?

the fault code reader says no codes...its done this quite a lot recently, the electrical warning light comes on (car still drives fine) then when i start the engine with code reader in (because i was told not to plug in while ignition is on) the fault is gone and not recorded :s