ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP!!!!!!!

I have just done something really stupid! i have put about 1/4 of a litre of water in my power steering fluid bottle! i thought it was the screen wash!

I have a 172 cup and its 2 months old so not much fluid has been used on the steering!

What shall i do?

I going to phone renault now!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

that needs the system flushing out and filling with new oil asap to prevent the risk of damage.

Mr2 Roadster

Oh dear, you will need to drain that and flush it and then refill it...

You may be able to drive it to Renault but I dont know, dont quote me on that, I doubt it though!

Lee

BMW M2C

My mate did that one year when we were driving to Wales for the Rally. The RAC told us not to carry on, obviously we did!! Lucikly it stayed fine for a few weeks, then he crashed the car and got everything done at once. :confused:

I have just drained out the fluid bottle with a sponge! oil is heavier than water so the water surely would have sat on top?

And now i have drained it there cant be much water in there? if any? alot of it came out the top of the bottle as i put the water in!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

not when its continually being mixed and pumped around under high pressure it doesnt just turns the fluid pink/white and could damage the pas pump internally.defo needs completly flushing out.

No way can i do this myself! there is no room to get the pipes off and they run to the other side of the engine! GRRRRR :mad: IM SUCH A F**KING T**T I NEED HIT MYSELF!

Revels Mum & Sister

Well take it to Reno mate!

Better to pay the money now rather pay to replace loads of other stuff it messes up!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

just take the return pipe of the bottle and let the pump do the rest.refit the pipe,fill with oil,run the system again for 2 mins and then pull the pipe off again,do this a few times and then refit the pipe.fill with fresh fluid,job done.