ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*URGENT* How to remove headlight on MK2

Clio Extreme
I've done a search but no joy! Basically i need to remove my headlight casket. Could someone please tell me how and where the bolts are located?

I believe there are two at the bottom and one at the top! But can't find the top one? Step by step would be great. Thanks, Rich

Clio Extreme
btw.. the bolts i mentioned are for the removal of the bumber as i believe i need to remove this in order to remove the light??

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You need to remove the whole front bumper assembly.
If you meen the bolts at the ends they are under the inner wing/wheel arch covers (black plastic liners)

To remove the bumper
1 bolt on the inside of the bumper I fget which way they face there just the one one each side though.

There the 4 or so bolt holding the bumper cover bit to the subframe although you can unclip the plastic bit instead if you want.
Then there the bolt under the bonnet and you pull the bumper off.

Headlight has three bolts the top one You can see the other two are hidden by the bumper.

Renault Clio 1.5dCi
Can you please describe where the two main bolts for the bumper are - I managed to undo the 4 self-tapping screws - 2 on wheel arch and 2 on underside of bumper on each end. I also undid the two fixings at the top of the grille from inside engine compartment... But it wouldn't come off!

I need to change both headlamps - one is broken and the other is discoloured - so I had to get them both..

Thanks a lot for your help...

Emile
Malta

Can you please describe where the two main bolts for the bumper are - I managed to undo the 4 self-tapping screws - 2 on wheel arch and 2 on underside of bumper on each end. I also undid the two fixings at the top of the grille from inside engine compartment... But it wouldn't come off!

I need to change both headlamps - one is broken and the other is discoloured - so I had to get them both..

Thanks a lot for your help...

Emile
Malta
You need the pull the bumper outwards from the sides it sort of slide slips in.

clio 1.2 16v
*Urgent* Removing the front bumper of 51 clio 1.2 16v

hello!
i have recently purchased a cool air hose to feed direct cold air to my induction kit
however i have come across a problem
i dont know how to remove my front bumper in order to screw on the cool air hose!
would someone please give me a step by step guide on how to remove the front bumper of a clio 51 plate 1.2 16v!
that would be great!
thanks
:approve:

Re: *Urgent* Removing the front bumper of 51 clio 1.2 16v

would someone please give me a step by step guide on how to remove the front bumper of a clio 51 plate 1.2 16v!
that would be great!
thanks
:approve:

Or you could just read this thread it gives enough info.

LY 182
i was in a bit of a rush fitting my headlights, a bit of force goes a long way, 2 plastic screw clips under bonnet holding grille on, pull wheelarch liners out the way 2 10mm nuts holding bumper on, 2 torx 20's on bumper in wheelarch, then get hold of the bottom of the bumper and give it a little tug and all the clips underneath unclip