ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

usb mobile broadband. Best?

ok im moving out so need the internet in the house im renting.

Thinkin of getting this.. Which is the best? And fastest? And has a decent download limit as i would like to download the odd film here and there howeva primary reason is for my work!

What would you recomend?

Also is there any way of geting 2 usb dongles? As my bro is moving out too.. Or does he need his own broadband contract?

Thanks

I think the best around, in terms of usage, fair use policy, costs for going over, is T-Mobile's offering.

how much is theres? And how much is it for going over? Would they give 2 usbs? And any cheaper for me since i have the flext 35 + web n walk contract with them?

Dunno if it's the best, but I think it's one of the better ones from what I've been hearing.

ALWAYS read the terms and conditions on deals like this - they all vary, and if anything, will c**k you up.

koi

Audi S1
Would check to see what networks are best in your area before deciding.

I'm with 3, get a decent speed in town but won't even connect at my folks cause the signal is so bad!!

Ph2 FF 172
T- Mobile charge £15 for a 2 year contract plus a free on connection USB modem. You get an unlimited download allowance (fair usage cap of 3GB per month). UNLIKE EVERY OTHER NETWORK, if you breach the 3GB limit there is no extra cost ie. run on rates. You quite simpley get a letter from them informing you of what you have done. You can do this 3 times before they "invite" you to increase you tariff to the next one up (£29). T-mobile will also guarentee your coverage before you sign up to the contract.

If you wish to add this to your Flext account you can just use your handset as a modem instead of the USB modem at a cost of £12.50 per month on top of your existing line rental (dependant on wether your handset will support Web'n'Walk plus i.e it must be 3G or HSDPA enabled)

Hope this helps you dude!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got '3' at work and its s**t. It works about once a fortnight. At best.

Steer clear.

dk

911 GTS Cab
we have the vodafone ones at work, they are the fastest I think, places like heathrow you can get 7.2mb/s i think.

they are £15 for 3gb i think and you can check what you have used easily from the icon in your system tray.

T- Mobile charge £15 for a 2 year contract plus a free on connection USB modem. You get an unlimited download allowance (fair usage cap of 3GB per month). UNLIKE EVERY OTHER NETWORK, if you breach the 3GB limit there is no extra cost ie. run on rates. You quite simpley get a letter from them informing you of what you have done. You can do this 3 times before they "invite" you to increase you tariff to the next one up (£29). T-mobile will also guarentee your coverage before you sign up to the contract.

If you wish to add this to your Flext account you can just use your handset as a modem instead of the USB modem at a cost of £12.50 per month on top of your existing line rental (dependant on wether your handset will support Web'n'Walk plus i.e it must be 3G or HSDPA enabled)

Hope this helps you dude!

im in northampton/daventry as of july for 12 months.. anyone know what t mobile reception is up there?

also im already on the web and walk contract, i use mobile internet all the time.. hw do i link up my phone to the laptop?

ph2 172
I use the 3 one very successfully, have always got good high speed ( 1.5mb + ) connections.

I heard vodaphone's stuff is only fast in London, certainly not good in deepest darkest Lancashire.

3 and T-mobile share the same 3g network, so you should get the same connectivity from either. You can get 3's offering on Pay-as-you-go. then buy bandwidth as and when you need it. But T-mobile may be a better bet for a contract with more bandwidth usage.

vodafone is 7.2mbps in london, and all major airports. Plans this year are to upgrade the other major cities to 7.2mbps as thats where the greater populations are. Eventually the whole of the uk, using Vodafone will be running 7.2mbps.

3 are expensive if you go over your usage.

Tmobile run a slower speed, so i kinda guess it depends what your after, and what your going to be using it for.

Revels Mum & Sister
I've got '3' at work and its s**t. It works about once a fortnight. At best.

Steer clear.

Thats down to lack a 3G capable local cell mast or network over loading.

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Will help you find your nearest mast. You need to look for a 2100/2200 capable mast by the way. Not 100% up to date but very helpfull. Bear in mind buildings and valleys hills etc will effect coverage as will network loading, weather etc.

anyone know what the speed is of the t mobile one?

just got it out today and its s**t in bradford , im moving tomoz and hope its better in daventry! as it seems to eb at dial up speed lol, not really high speed like they advertised!

what alternatives do i have for internet? i need it for 12 months (contract) and no phone line at the flat so lol doesnt leave me much does it