ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Use LCD Screen As TV?

MG ZS180 Mk2
I have been given a brand new Hanns 19inch LCD screen with built in speakers. It has a VGA and DVI and I think its this one:
http://www.computerwarehouse.co.uk/detail/9090023/0/-/-/1/-/-/-/118416719816115

As I use a laptop it isn't much use on its own.

Is it possible to connect this to a Sky box and use it as a TV (in a bedroom)?

I only need to connect 1 scart to it so I thought for the picture, I would need a scart lead that then goes to component. This could then go to a scart plug but I would only plug the video lead it. I could then use a scart to vga convertor to get the picture.
The LCD has a 3.5mm socket for the sound to connect to a PC sound card. I thought the left and right audio leads from the component lead could go into a y shaped plug that converts it to a 3.5mm connector and then connect this to the monitor.

Would this work?

MG ZS180 Mk2
No audio though. It will be connected to a sky box and it has no audio out connection (i need to connect to a 3.5mm jack)