ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Useful Software Thread

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Ive come across what is possibly the most useful bit of software in a longtime, thought I would share it with you all. Basically its called Dropbox, and after installing a client on all your machines, you get 2GB of free stroage, and anything you put into your dropbox folder is automatically synced both to an online store, and every PC you have running the client. Its great for ensuring all my technical documents are on all my machines, and also useful for moving files around!
You can pay to get 50GB of storage, and you can also share folders etc...

www.getdropbox.com its well worth a try! Any one else got any little gems?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Started using Treesize (free version) just lately. It's great.
Install it, and it'll graphically indicate how much of a hard disk's space is being taken up by each directory, and each directory below it. It's very useful when trying to free up disk space, since you can immediately see where the bulk of the data is residing.
There's also a Unix / Linux version (which works on Macs too).
All in all, a very hand little tool.

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/

Cupra
liberkey (also free) - the most handy portable app suite I have come across. Means that you can always have every program you might need in your pocket.