ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using bucket seats with normal seatbelts??

PH2 172
Im going to be fitting some bucket seats into ym cup shortly but at the moment im going to be using my standard seatbelts but how do i go about using them with the buckets??

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I bolted the original tensioners to my subframes, just drilled a 8mm hole and milled a slot (you'll see why when you take yours off).
M8 bolt trough, nut and locking nut on there and jobs a good'un

HPIM0307.jpg

audi a6 3.0tdi
Its a bit pointless as you will not be held firmly in place. you need harnesses really with bucket seats

PH2 172
I bolted the original tensioners to my subframes, just drilled a 8mm hole and milled a slot (you'll see why when you take yours off).
M8 bolt trough, nut and locking nut on there and jobs a good'un

HPIM0307.jpg

Does your normal seat belts work well with the buckets as for now until i can afford some harnesses im guna go this route?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
the trophys that come with bucket seats use the standard seat belts no?

Trophy seats? Buckets?!

If you mean the Recaro's, i've sat in deeper puddles. The worst seats i've ever sat in.

^^ i agree trophy seats are not great! the new recaro's in the 197 are much better! closer to bucket seats!

iv got my recaro apex bucket seat set up with the standard seat belt, clip is bolted to the cobra sub frame, i only use it for short journeys tho, dont really feel safe with it on in the bucket seat with the cage near my head!

Racing Blue 182
Have to agree with Keano, harnesses can be overkill on the road, but then what price do you put on safety - not that 3-points aren't safe of course! As for the Recaro's in the Trophy, or on the options list for the 182 (as mine were), I find them a hell of alot more comfortable than the standard 182 seats that were in the demo I drove before buying mine. Yes, I 've sat in better, but the Recs were noticably better than standard.

Each to there own though, I guess!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i think id lol if sum1 pulled up to me wearing a harness whilst road driving.

ive been pulled wearing harnesses,
wasnt FOR the harnesses i got pulled tho,
40 in a 30 :( guilty

you feel alot safer in a harness than in a normal seatbelt.
but yes they are abit overkill for road driving,
but i had normal seatbelts with buckets and they didnt hold you very tight.

also, when people are refering buckets that seatbelts dont bode well with,
i think theyre refering more to the non reclining bucket seats,

rather than the more 'sport seats' style that the recaros adapt

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
my mate had harneses in his saxo did look good and did there job but ill never forget getting a lift off him 2 work and struggerling to get out with a suit on ha ha ha (Next FTL)