ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V car help

CLS, RS MEG

If a car is classed as being v-car, hence cheap what does this mean? Had a look on google but no look in finding answer.

Cheers

has been accident damaged in the past, also termed as on the register, cat d is light cosmetic damage cat a or b badly mangled

CLS, RS MEG

So given that the car im looking at is V car, and fully repaired, would it still be sensible to walk away? Its an 02 clio authentique.

Usually means stolen recovered or accident damaged.

There are some bargains to be had BUT remember when you come to sell it will be for less also.

It means the car was damaged beyond economic repair - ie the cost of
repairing it with new parts and labour isnt worth it. But of course using
secondhand parts and cheap labour it might be.
And remember that although it might be cheap to buy in this repaired
state, it will also not fetch the normal price for a car of that age when
you come to sell - it might even prove impossible to sell or trade in.

-only buy it if your getting a bargain and make sure someone who nows what they are looking for looks at it-i personally would consider one if the savings where good

CLS, RS MEG

Well the reason i am interested in this model - The garage have made it a 172 replica. It looks spot on in the pictures. Even has the leather seats. Full 172 bodykit, 16" wheels etc. Its an 02 plate, and up for 5 grand. Even in a good repaired condition, is this price justified? Thinking of looking at it next weekend if its still there. Anyone want to check it over with me ;)...

Where is it Rob................Im sure someone will look it over.................personally Id walk but thats easy for me to say with the V6 sitting in the drive eh :)

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 17 April 2005 at 10:08pm]