ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V car

Either stolen recovered or damage repaired. Basically means its been written off by an insurance company but still ok for use on the road.

If youre looking at getting a Cat D registered car, get it checked out to make sure its been repaired properly and make sure you also get 20 to 30% off the price of a non-registered car as itll be harder to sell on. Trade off can be a perfectly good car for a lot less money.

[Edited by lurking on 7/14/2005 9:47:38 PM]

Id ask the seller why the car is Cat D registered, then do a vehicle check to make sure the story they give you checks out. Insurance wont be a problem. Tell them just so youve covered your back and only insure it for what you paid for it. They wont charge you any more, and any main insurer will cover a Cat D. Apparently 1 in 15 cars on the roads today is Cat D registered - I bet most of the people driving them dont know it either!

As for price, I reckon it looks about right. Maybe try and get another couple of hundred off for the highish miles (average miles for age should be more like 30k), but if youre happy with it, then go for it.

well i got a clio 16v with 14,000 chucked at it and im gonna cut my lossers and take 600 for it with loads of mods and williams interior etc etc,

the saxo is a 1.4

so it should in theroy be cheaper to run my clio does 35 miles on £10 and is constantly costing me money in repairs and everything, so if i can get a newer car cheap like that one i should be ok it is at a garage which is big and been around god knows how long, so i might take a look have a drive and then see how it goes