ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 255 or vx220 turbo

CTR--VX220D
VX220 ;)

Cheap as chips to mod and maintain.

Stealthed4.jpg

Stealthed8.jpg

Stealthed19.jpg

Ad

MK2 FRS
What makes me laugh is everyone wanks over Chris' VX (stunning it is)

However if he came on here and said " I had a VX 2.2NA" most people would say "you should have bought the turbo mate"........ prob best if we dont enter into into the pros and cons of tubby's and NAs... lol.

Clio 172 Mk2
Chris`s VS is fcuking awesome! Absolutely awesome!

Indeed there are pros and cons to both the Turbo and the NA - it doesnt really matter... both are phenomenally fast and both handle like a dream. Id be happy with either - indeed both are quicker than a V6 Clio.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Chris`s VS is fcuking awesome! Absolutely awesome!

Indeed there are pros and cons to both the Turbo and the NA - it doesnt really matter... both are phenomenally fast and both handle like a dream. Id be happy with either - indeed both are quicker than a V6 Clio.

I wasnt trying to get into which is better.... just how people pass comment on VXs with really the knowledge to back it up.... Ive had a VX NA and driven a VXT.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I think the V6 will have more street cred too - perhaps a future classic?

Definetly a future classic!, and i reckon they will travel in price sooner or later... bad for me because i want one!

White Van Man
Bit off topic, but I've got an astra coupe, with the same engine that's in the na VX 220. What a superb motor, I've never driven (in 25 years and about 40 cars, 172 included) a better motor. It's the smoothest 140 odd horses. I know mine is much heavier than the 220, but if it's good in that, how good will it be in the 220 ?

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Bit off topic, but I've got an astra coupe, with the same engine that's in the na VX 220. What a superb motor, I've never driven (in 25 years and about 40 cars, 172 included) a better motor. It's the smoothest 140 odd horses. I know mine is much heavier than the 220, but if it's good in that, how good will it be in the 220 ?

you gotto give reno credit for getting 170 odd out of a 2.0na, iv heard the reno engines are very good but everything else built around them are s**t.

CTR--VX220D
What makes me laugh is everyone w**ks over Chris' VX (stunning it is)

However if he came on here and said " I had a VX 2.2NA" most people would say "you should have bought the turbo mate"........ prob best if we dont enter into into the pros and cons of tubby's and NAs... lol.

I was going to buy a tubby but once I test drove it back to back with an NA I just had to buy one. The heavy iron block in the back of the tubby is very evident when putting its paces on the twisties. I didnt like its characteristics at all.

Plus I have been behind stg3 Tubbies on runs Ive been to and there was no difference in pace TBH. There probably would be at Santa Pod - but not on real roads ;)

Cliosport 197
Love the idea of the V6 but as a plaything the vx is a no brainer. Its one of the best mid-engined sportcars built by anyone and it goes like a gazelle! If u wanna keep pace with a 360 modena and spank a few porkers then lift the vxt.........

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Have you also considered a Lotus elise 111R, the Toyota 1.8 VVT 190bhp engine.

Drove one a couple of times absolutely supurb. Needs reving much like the 172 but once on cam it is blisteringly quick. id have one if i could justify the insurance (i am only 22 tho)

Also wouldn't you rather say you have a lotus over a vauxhall?

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Have you also considered a Lotus elise 111R, the Toyota 1.8 VVT 190bhp engine.

Drove one a couple of times absolutely supurb. Needs reving much like the 172 but once on cam it is blisteringly quick. id have one if i could justify the insurance (i am only 22 tho)

Also wouldn't you rather say you have a lotus over a vauxhall?

This is exacty the same desision I was making in September

V6 255 or VXT

Both are great cars, both with great presence,

But the 30mpg, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, Lotus chassis (regarded as one of the best handleing cars ever made) and the most afordable genuine supercar anywhere, made it a quick desision one which I have not regreted'

and as for "looks like it was knocked up in someones garage over the weekend"

Heres mine ;)

(click on image for full quality)

noplatetndsc01177xz7.jpg

noplate51maczm7.jpg

You'll enjoy either, But you'll enjoy the VX more...

LY 200
Id probably got for the vx as its not a daily driver.

Both nice cars though!!! :approve:

V6!!!! get more attention!!!!

lol! obv havent been out in a VX then.. it reminds me of when i went out in my mates tvr tuscan s.. everyone shouting nice car mate when you stop at crossings, especially older respectable people

ALOT of un aware people will think the clio just has a bodykit slapped on it!

obv i made the choice and got a vx220t, and dont regret a minute of it.

This is exacty the same desision I was making in September

V6 255 or VXT

Both are great cars, both with great presence,

But the 30mpg, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, Lotus chassis (regarded as one of the best handleing cars ever made) and the most afordable genuine supercar anywhere, made it a quick desision one which I have not regreted'

and as for "looks like it was knocked up in someones garage over the weekend"

Heres mine ;)

(click on image for full quality)

noplatetndsc01177xz7.jpg

noplate51maczm7.jpg

You'll enjoy either, But you'll enjoy the VX more...

your off pistonheads? ;)

LY 200
Yeah I can understand it draws it and I for one like to think people like my car but the attention thing wouldnt be a deciding factor for me personally!!!

main reason for me was..

what sports car can you get 2 years old, with 11000miles on it, that hits 60 in 4 and half seconds for 16.5k..

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
main reason for me was..

what sports car can you get 2 years old, with 11000miles on it, that hits 60 in 4 and half seconds for 16.5k..

Fair point. For the drive, The Vauxhall, but for the sheer fun, the 255.

Of course for £8k, and say 50,000 miles you could get a Nissan Pulsar GTiR with 4 wd, 2.0 turbo and near 280bhp. yes a little old in the tooth, but a good one will eat most 400+ bhp cars on speed and handling in the wet. And is has 4 seats!

Nik

main reason for me was..

Of course for £8k, and say 50,000 miles you could get a Nissan Pulsar GTiR with 4 wd, 2.0 turbo and near 280bhp. yes a little old in the tooth, but a good one will eat most 400+ bhp cars on speed and handling in the wet. And is has 4 seats!

Nik

i disagree to be honest about the fun factor. i personally think you can have more fun in a 2 seater lightweight sports car, than a hothatch but guess thats down to the individual how they class fun!

re pulsar..

and will blow up every third wednesday of the month.

lol

vx220
I suggest you take a spirited drive in both and then you will see why many owners from here have gone to the vx. I considered a v6 for a while but once id driven the vx everything in its price bracket dulls in comparison, in looks, performance and handling. Its as simple as that.

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2

Nik

i disagree to be honest about the fun factor. i personally think you can have more fun in a 2 seater lightweight sports car, than a hothatch but guess thats down to the individual how they class fun!

re pulsar..

and will blow up every third wednesday of the month.

lol

Only blow up once a month, I think you would need an open cheque book to keep it going!!!!!!!

The Vauxhall is a wonderfull car. I tested one, the Elise and an Exige before buying my V6 255. The factor that did it for me, was the whole drive experince. Sure, the Lotus and Vauhall were better in nearly every respect, but had one factor missing - the V6 is totally impracticable in every way and rare (only 350 made for the UK). But it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it, and for that one reason, I bought it to replace my Skyline.

I love the exige, elise and VX as true sports cars in very sence of the word. But it is not a V6 and I think any owner who has a V6 cannot quite put down on paper why ther really bought one!

Nik

not sure how many vxt's are made but since buying one in july ive only ever seen 2 other ones on the road at the same time as me?

and theres only one v6 i know of round here too

not sure how the vx is more practical than the v6 though?! the v6 has an interior, climate control, auto lights, etc.?

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
I did not say that the VX was more practicable than the V6, but that the V6 was impractable. The v6 gives the bit of extra luxury, but the VX is a true drivers car - and I think that is the same for the exige and elise.

The is somthing about the V6 which is hard to pinpoint. After all when new they were £27k - the same price as a new Elise and VX (give or take a little), so its not down to cost.

Each car has it merits and bad points, and it this that each person should marry up and come to a conclusion at to what suits them best.

You have a real nice VX there in black and should be very proud of it.

Nik